Chapter 21.

CHAPTER 21: the truth kills

vote and comment

We all decided to have an afternoon of movies before Owen and Jaxon set off to a mission in the morning. I was invited to stay with Coco as company because she said and I quote 'I'm going to be such a loner whilst those two bastards are gone' so here I am, being a good friend and getting absolutely traumatised.

"I can't believe we agreed to this," Jaxon said, running a hand through his hair as the two boys entered the dark living room, popcorn in their hands. Owen had barely any emotion on his face as he settled on the other side of the couch to me. I had blankets and pillows with me as I stared anywhere apart from Owen.

"Oh, shut up, this is going to be so fun," she exclaimed, glee dripping from her voice. Why did I even agree to this? Oh, yes because I happened to not be doing anything today. Jaxon looked at Owen then at me, then back at Owen and then back at me. Once his eyes landed upon mine again, I glared at him, stuffing more popcorn in my mouth.

"What?" I snapped, taking Owen and Coco by surprise before they both release a chuckle each, "why is he looking at me then at you? Seriously, I want to know."

I don't know about you, but I've been one of the most upfront and snappy bitches this week. It could be my period or it could be my suspicions that are eating out my soul. Who knows?

The others only raise their hands in surrender. I sat back down on the comfy couch and munched on my popcorn. Owen was busy fixing the film up for us and I ate my popcorn, watching his eyebrows furrow together in concentration.

"Oh Jesus, who turned the sun on?" Jaxon groaned in annoyance as he headed into the hallway. A glimpse of the sun shone through into the living room as we cleaned things up after our movie. Jax shielded his eyes as he grabbed his shirt and put it on before checking himself in the mirror.

Coco shook her head and tidied the mess of wrappers and glasses, heading into the kitchen to start on the washing up. Owen, on the other hand, was still fast asleep on the couch. His hair was dishevelled and I could see his slow breathing. I must admit, the film did get boring after some time so I'm not surprised he fell asleep. I headed over to him, careful as to not tread on his feet and tapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Owen, time to wake up," I spoke softly. He moved around slightly before swatting my hand away. Oh no he didn't, "Owen, if you don't wake up, somebody's going to slap you."

His eyes opened slightly and glared at me through his hooded lashes. He ran a hand through his hair before sighing. Damn, I wanted Jaxon to slap him, not going to lie. I stood back and headed to the door before he could kill me and I helped Coco set out the dishes.

At dinner, we all needed to talk over the possibilities of what happened to Jaxon that day. He can't remember what happened and I doubt he was drunk. Apparently, he showed us what he drank before school and it wasn't even that alcoholic, at least not enough for him to get drunk after one shot.

"The most likely thing is that he might've been drugged. By who? I don't know, but that's the most sensible possibility at the moment. I'll ask around and see if anyone's been acting shady these past few days," Coco spoke and we all nodded. Jaxon was still quite worn out, but the colour in his face was coming back.

"We need to check the CCTV footage of the house. Obviously, this will take a few days and me and Jaxon won't be here tomorrow so I need you two to check the rest of them over tomorrow," Owen ordered, biting into his garlic bread again.

Suddenly, the front door opened and slammed shut. Owen stopped talking before grumbling in annoyance. Kiara enters the kitchen with two bags full of groceries.