Chapter 67.

CHAPTER 67: lightning strikes twice

vote and comment

Owen had woken up that morning, mind clouded with sleep as he got up from bed and made himself look at least a bit presentable for school

Owen had woken up that morning, mind clouded with sleep as he got up from bed and made himself look at least a bit presentable for school. He had taken a steamy shower, a slight sense of comfort running through his veins before he began putting his uniform on for school. His hands had lifted his boxers then his trousers, his white button up shirt following after. By then, he was running the towel through his hair in hopes of his hair drying quicker before tucking his shirt into his trousers and sliding his belt through the loops.

He guaranteed that his twin brother was still asleep in his room, even when they were expected to be downstairs for breakfast at eight thirty sharp so their food wouldn't be cold. As he dusted down his blazer, a sudden thought came to him and he realised he had been wearing his school blazer for some time now. Usually, he wore his black jacket and hadn't worn a blazer since he was last at the old Summer View Academy.

Wearing one gave him bad memories of Brielle and of the old school that went down in flames. He felt restricted when he wore it and didn't want to feel like that. After he returned to SV, Brielle had noticed he'd changed and she couldn't see the childhood friend she grew up with. It almost felt like she didn't even want to be friends with him after he changed and that was what hurt him the most about her. 

The nineteen year old boy walked downstairs, bag in hand and books in the other and his hair was still slightly damp. When he walked into the kitchen, he was surprised to see his uncle, cousin and twin brother already sat having breakfast. He sat down and Kiara placed a plate in front of him with French toast upon it.

"Morning," Jaxon had mumbled, biting the last of his sugared French toast and wiping his hands on the napkin Kiara had provided for all of them. She soon joined the people at the table, sitting across Owen and beginning her meal.

Owen seemed to notice the sudden tension in the air as Kiara lacked the cheery morning annoying attitude that he loathed a lot. As his eyes glided across the people at the breakfast table, he arched a brow at the awkward silence when the only sounds heard were the clattering of cutlery against plates. Okay...what's going on? he thought before placing his knife and fork down on his plate.

"Why is everyone here quiet?" Owen asked casually as if he was expecting a casual answer in response. Alfonso turned to look at Jaxon in surprise before composing himself quickly and coughing, "come on, Alfonso. Whatever it is, I can handle it. I've seen and heard worst."

"It's Liam..." Jaxon started and that was when everyone paused suddenly, Kiara stopping midway of putting some fresh berries in her mouth. Her eyes fluttered slightly before she slowly continued to eat as if she didn't want to break the already delicate atmosphere that suffocated the people at the table, "he called earlier."