Chapter 23.

CHAPTER 23: alphabet plans!

I somehow managed to get major Owen x Brielle vibes whilst reading this. All I can say is that I won't be the only one who thinks this could be one of the crazy chapters ;).

vote and comment

I rubbed my temple before releasing a groan in irritation. We were all sat around the dinner table, sheets of paper scattered around us. Owen had left a few seconds ago to dislodge his memory of any kind of idea with a good beer. As for me, I was getting extremely agitated with the situation. We had no plan whatsoever on how we can get back at Liam for everything he's done. 

Jaxon wanted this for his brother more than anything whereas, with me, I just wanted Liam to have a taste of his own medicine. To taste the sense of revenge because as my mother says, 'revenge is a dish best served cold'.

"Come on, guys, we can do this," Coco said confidently, fist-pumping the air as she continued to read the notes on one of the sheets of paper. I thought Kiara and Alfonso would help with ideas, but they still have yet to find out about Jaxon being drugged. It's all people could talk about, but Kiara hasn't heard anything of it yet. All I know is that when she finds out, it will probably be from someone else and I know she'll freak hearing it from anyone except her nephews. 

"Really? I'm starting to doubt your judgment," I spoke, blowing some strands of hair out of my face and pushing my glasses further up my nose, "I'm stumped. Jaxon, can you get me a drink? Water's fine."

"Yeah, sure. Come on, we could all use a break right about now. Maybe it'll help us look at things from a different angle." we got up from our chairs and got a drink or made a snack. Jaxon gave me a glass of water as I started making some cheese toasties. I always had them on one of my breaks either from studying or from an art project. They always helped me think of ideas. 

I finished my first one and asked the others if they wanted any. Owen requested for one and I started on the second one. The familiar scent of comfort wafted into the air as I slid a plate down to Owen, who caught it with ease. He was in the middle of his beer when I sat in front of him, biting into my own toastie. I had no idea where Coco or Jaxon went, but the ringing of bells caught my attention. 

Owen seemed to have heard as well because now his head was perked up, looking at the doorway to see if anything or anyone was there. I know it was Jasmine who made that noise. She recently got a new collar with a small bell on it so she didn't get lost. 

Yeah, I don't know how it helps as well

"Jaxon told me you were doing your art project. How's it going?" Owen suddenly asked, turning to me as he took another bite into his toastie. I wiped the crumbs off my face and smiled. Since when did he get so interested in what I do?

"It's going great. I just finished my composition sketches. I should be starting on the final sketch idea by tomorrow. Why do you ask?" he shrugged and when the bell went off again, his head snapped to the door before turning back to me.

"Am I not allowed to be nice?" he asked as my eyes widened. Mostly because I don't think I've ever heard him say that in the history of Summer View Academy. It's not really something you would ever expect him to say. Also because I don't want to seem rude. He's been nice to me so far so it wouldn't do me any good if I fucked it up. 

"No, no, it's just--I'm surprised, that's all. No offence but you're not really the nicest guy I've met. Of course, you can ask me about what I like to do. I don't mind," I spoke and his face seemed to light up with relief. Awe, how cute, I thought.