Chapter 43.

CHAPTER 43: girls on tour, girls on tour—sorry, gang on tour!

vote and comment

"I can't find my thongs!" I heard Kelly exclaim from upstairs. She was one the last destination where Michael was to meet up with the other car for the trip. We all waited downstairs either sat on the floor or on our phones outside. Jaxon groaned in annoyance before rolling his eyes. Darren simply tried to hide his snickering. She just had to say that when he was within hearing distance.

"Why would she need thongs? Fooling around, is she?" Darren asked, his mouth curling into a smirk as Cassidy simply hit him on the chest and glared at him, "what? I'm just asking."

"Well, stop asking. It's not nice and please, for the sake of all of us, don't rile her up on the trip," Cass explained to Darren as he just nodded. That guy will definitely not pay attention and he will most probably make her angry, but they needed to talk this out together. They needed to sort it out, "anyway, at least she carries herself with style."

Kelly soon came out of her room with two big suitcases and Jaxon grimaced at the sight. There was a smile on her face until her eyes landed on Darren. Soon, it was replaced with a deep frown as Jax went up the stairs and collected one of her suitcases.

"Do you really need two suitcases?" he asked and her eyes averted to his, a small smile on her face. She winked as she followed after him down the stairs, struggling with her other case.

"Well, in that case, it's a secret so shhh." we soon headed out and Kelly said her goodbyes to her dad before getting into the car and sitting in the space next to me. Jaxon was in front of me because he just couldn't resist teasing his brother for a few hours, but also because there was gang business they had to deal with. I had a rucksack for snacks for the trip including two bottles, one filled with water and the other filled with hot coffee.

Our journey soon started as we passed the sign of our town and soon, we were out of Summer View and in new territory. Other cars rushed past us, some with Christmas trees upon the roof of their cars and others covered in snow from being in other lands. Snow hasn't reached Summer View yet, but it was definitely getting colder. All of us were wearing jumpers or jackets and Kelly wore a scarf next to me.

"Who's driving for the others?" I asked and Owen spoke up, his eyes meeting mine in the mirror. He grinned slyly and averted his gaze back on the road.

"Michael is. He borrowed one of the family cars. Well, that's what he said," he spoke simply and I nodded. Of course, there were more of them there so for more comfort and space, a bigger car was needed. Nicole said there was a big garage next to the house where you could park so there was enough room for both cars.

Next to Owen, Jaxon had nodded off in a deep slumber and his snores were echoing through the car. Whilst my boyfriend could easily ignore him, I've tried numerous times to get him to stop. In the end, Kelly was the one to snap and she slapped him on the back of his head.

"Jaxon, stop snoring. You sound like a cow," she snapped at him. Jax yawned, stretching his arms as much as he could before glaring at her from the mirror. His hair was a mess and sticking up in different directions considering he had only been asleep for an hour.

"Well, you look like one," he snapped back and before the two could comment snarky remarks at each other, I stepped in, placing a hand on Kelly's shoulder. Owen was very good at ignoring what they're saying about one another. I guess if you grow up with a sibling, you learn to drown it all out.

"If you two start arguing on this trip, I'm pushing one of your heads out of the window and Owen won't stop me, will you?" he shook his head and I sat back, pleased with myself as we all settled into a comfortable silence for the next few hours. My eyes drifted to the window as I saw the huge trees surround us as we arrived on the highway. They quickly drifted past in a blur as I placed my head comfortably on my neck pillow.