Chapter 54.

CHAPTER 54: the choice

[this chapter contains violence so please be warned if you're easily triggered by that stuff. i've put a clear warning in so don't comment stuff on my chapter saying i shouldn't put things like that because i put a warning. if you don't like it just don't read it.]

vote and comment

"The person I'm going to save is

"The person I'm going to save is..." there was a long pause like in the movies except this was very much real and there was no way of turning back from the reality of the situation. By now, my eyes had fully blurred and the only way to stop it was blinking a few times a second, which made them run down my cheeks,

"...dad." Owen looked up at me surprised about my choice as my jaw clenched when my eyes met his. He had a broken expression in his eyes, mixed with betrayal. I knew he was going to be pissed, but I knew I needed to do this.

"No, Brielle!" Michael shouted as Liam just released a loud chuckle before the other men in the room untied us from our places. I held my wrists in my hands, checking the skin over before I turned to the others, sniffling slightly, "Brie..."

"Looks like you weren't the most important man in her life after all, Bowers," Liam sneered as he circled all of us. His grin soon disappeared as he got his gun out from his holster. What replaced it was more sinister, a frown which was more menacing, "it's tough to choose someone who you once looked up to before they stabbed you in the back. You all have five minutes. Get the hell out of my sight."

"You guys have to go," I croaked out, my eyes averting to Owen quickly, "all of you. Please. All of you run! Get out of here! J-Just go!"

Darren and Jaxon tried to drag Owen out, but his eyes were glued to me the whole time. There was a glossy sheen in them as he struggled out of their grip. I mouthed 'sorry' to him as a sob escaped my lips. It heart my heart to see him so betrayed by my actions, but it was for the best. For both of us. Cassidy was also reluctant to leave me behind because as my best friend, she didn't want me to get hurt. Michael led her out and followed as I nodded at her. I tried to control my breathing as I turned back to my father.

It was the same.

There was that same smirk written all over his face. I was too busy staring at that stupid grin on his face and wanting to punch him so badly, I didn't notice Liam's father entering the room. More tears just ran down my already wet cheeks as we were both taken out of the confines and into the same area as each other. I cowered in front of him crying my eyes out as he just sternly stared down at me.

There was a sense of deja vu in which I felt that mom was once in a similar position as me. At dad's feet as he sucked that success and happiness out of her for the sake of himself.

I wanted to protect them. My friends. They've done nothing wrong and because of me, my father could've run loose and abused them just as much as he did to mom. I couldn't bear to let anyone else get hurt. I already hurt Jordan and Mom so I can't let the others down.