Chapter 19.

CHAPTER 19: letters from dad

vote and comment

I woke up on a Saturday morning at around seven am. Okay, so that was boring. Anyway, I woke up, went downstairs and walked to the balcony before opening the sliding door and feeling the cool air hit my face. It had been raining the night before so there was a smell of nature. The environment around me was warm so it was a bit humid and I'm pretty sure I can feel my hair poofing up at the humidity.

Mom wasn't at home when I woke up so she was probably at work. As I walked over to the counter, I started making myself some coffee and looking through cupboards to see if there was anything I could eat. I settled for a bowl of cereal and went to the fridge to get the milk before seeing my lunch on a plate with a note on it.

Hi! This is for your lunch, dear, okay? Just heat it up when you want.

- Love Mom xxx

I smiled before getting the carton and pouring some into my bowl. Cocoa puffs are my favourite, I thought as I settled in front of the TV with my fluffy blanket and my hair in a high ponytail. Well, I guess this is what I'll be doing for a while.

I got a few calls from Nicole and even a few messages, some of which tells me how upset she is. Wow and I slept through all of that. Opening the twelve messages and thirty phone calls she left behind, I scrolled through all of them.

Nicole x: Please help me, Brielle

Nicole x: Like seriously. Nobody's awake and I need you right now.

Nicole x: Something happened with Jaxon. Please text me back.

Okay, now I feel really bad for not answering her text messages, but I was asleep. I can't just wake up the second my conscience tells me someone's in trouble and to be honest, my conscience lacks the brain cells to be able to tell me anyway.

What's wrong? :Me

Nicole x is typing...

Nicole x: If you're free right now, can you come over? I'll explain when you get here.

Sure. I'll be there soon. :Me

Nicole x: Ok, I'll see you in a minute.

Well, It looks like I won't be lying in today, I thought as I headed upstairs to my room to get ready. Nicole didn't live as far from me now so going to her house took less time. The more I thought about it, the more worried I got. What if Jaxon went cold turkey on her? If he did, then I could make him feel my wrath for hurting my best friend.

Things between them have been tense and I did tell her to talk to him about it. If something happened, it's my job to find out what before it gets any worst. God, I sound like a doctor or something.

Nicole's parents were rich people of business and they were always abroad on trips. Their house was pretty big and her parents owned a car each and a family car. Nicole wasn't stuck up or spoilt. She was a down-to-earth kind of girl, who loved everything and every moment of being a teenager.

Except for this moment.

When I got to her's she was a blubbering mess. Both her parents were away on a business trip, which explains why she's not very close to them. I looked at her with a sad look in my eyes. I really did hate seeing her like this all upset. She had red puffy eyes and red cheeks due to her crying. Her makeup was slightly smudged and she was just so down about everything. I stood in her kitchen making her a cup of tea that she can enjoy as she calmed herself down.