Chapter 52.

CHAPTER 52: the confusing tale of the Bowers family tree

vote and comment

"What do you mean he's gone?" Kelly's frantic voice was heard over the phone

"What do you mean he's gone?" Kelly's frantic voice was heard over the phone. She sounded terrified and angry because we all found out Darren had disappeared as well as Jaxon, Owen and their uncle, "I told him. I fucking told him—do you know where he is?"

"Last time Darren texted me was an hour ago. They said they're at Warrington mansion because that's where Brielle is," I told her as I heard a groan in annoyance. Of course, this was hard for all of us, but especially for the people who weren't here and that was Nicole and Kelly. They couldn't do anything nor did they know much about everything going on, "don't worry, Kels. We'll get them back."

The sound of shoes made me turn around, the phone still by my ear. Brielle's mother walked through the door, having showered and was in a fresh set of clothes she must've collected from her own house. She seemed out of it, not believing everything that was going on, but she knew it was real. There wasn't any running away from it. Her eyes wandered up to me and she gave me a small smile before helping herself to some coffee. I knew how difficult this situation was to her. She loved her daughter more than herself and this was one reason why she was fucking terrified at the moment.

"Please, Michael," she spoke, her voice quiet as I glanced at Mrs Thomson before sighing, "don't let any of them get hurt. I grew up with them all so—"

"I promise, Kelly. I won't let any of them get hurt." we ended the call in unison and I turned around to see Brielle's mother make herself from food. I walked over to her and decided it would be a good idea to distract her from her troubles and talk about interior designing. I know Layla to love interior design, often creating new aesthetics. Apparently, before Brielle was born, she used to work as an interior designer, "good morning, Mrs—I mean—"

I paused at the realisation. I probably shouldn't call her Mrs Thomson seeing as she wasn't even with the guy anymore. She simply smiled at me and walked over to the table, sitting down and patting the space in front of her, asking me to join her at the table.

"It's fine, Michael. You know you can just call me Layla," she spoke softly as she took a bite out of the spoonful of cereal, "I see I'm not the only person worried about the others."

"No, Kelly's worried about all of them. Grew up with the all of them, that's why." Layla nodded as she took another bite, chewing her food before swallowing, the ghost of a smile on her face.

"Losing friends especially when you've grown up with them is tough. I was the same in school and a lot of my friends were into different things, the majority of them smarter than others. Right before high school started, my group separated. Nancy and Louise had a fight and didn't make up; Louise moved back to France with her family whilst Nancy moved to England for school. My parents had high hopes for me so they sent me off to attend SVA and that was the last I saw of my group. I don't know what happened to the others because I moved before I knew what could happen to them."