Chapter 10.

CHAPTER 10: territory

vote and comment

I never agreed to go and quite frankly, I begged my mother to not let me got, but here I am

At a party.

Surrounded by drunk hormonal teenagers. Great.

"Why the fuck did you drag me here?" I hissed as Nicole lead me through to the pool where people were. More people, who towered over me, moved and shoved me out of the way. I swear to god if anyone dares to do that again-.

"Because it's the biggest party of the year. You can't just miss it," she told me as Cass comes up to us with a few drinks in her hands, Mike following after, a huge grin written upon his face. As I looked around, people were dancing, drinking and enjoying the party a million times more than me. I mean, I'm just dressed, how do you call it? slutty and that isn't my style. I want to be in joggers and a hoodie, not in a tight skirt and revealing shirt.

"Mike, you can't hang out with us. It'll ruin your manly reputation. Go see Jake or something." Cass shooed him away as I snickered slightly. They're cousins, but they act like siblings. Jake soon comes to Michael's rescue and we soon rarely saw him again for half the night. My mother was so overprotective of me, but she didn't really care too much if I was out late at night at parties. Well, this party anyway.

I chatted for the majority of the night with my friends until I got swept away by two strong arms. Looking up, I see Jaxon's cheeky smile as he lets me go. He wore a tight-fitting white shirt and black jeans. Under the darkness, I could see his hazel eyes staring down at me, filled with happiness as seeing me again.

"Oh, hey you," I said, poking him on the chest in which he immediately laughs, shaking his head, "what do you think you're doing? Ruining my social life by taking me away from my friends?"

"Oh, of course," he scoffed and he led me further into the living room of the house, "actually, I do need to talk to you about something. Nothing serious, but I want to catch up."

I smiled and nodded my head, following him towards the couch where we settled. You would think that Jaxon and Owen were doppelgangers instead of being actually related. They looked so alike but acted so differently.

"Where's Owen? Isn't this technically his return party?" I looked around as Jax only shrugged lightly, taking a sip from his drink.

"Who knows where that guy is? By the way, your drink doesn't seem strong." I turned my head sharply towards him as I sniffed my drink. There was the faint smell of alcohol running through my nostrils, but that was it. I mean, Cass wasn't a heavy drinker and she wasn't too good at handling her alcohol so that must be why my drink isn't that strong.