Chapter 06.

CHAPTER 06: just being nice

vote and comment

The days had past and I dreaded that time when mom was going to say we were leaving. Things were back to how they were before and it felt normal once again. Well, arguing and getting at each other's throats is what was normal to me by now. I could hardly remember a life of anything but that.

Dad hasn't been around that much and I actually haven't seen him in a day or two. It was like he had just disappeared from my life. I didn't care, though because I was stuck in my studies for upcoming exams. However, whenever my mother asked for him, I couldn't tell her because I had no idea...I had no idea if he was even going to come back.

Mom could sense I was angry at dad for completely giving up and hiding this from us. She knew how much I cared about dad and I always stood up for him, yet he always lets me down. To be fair, she was angry with him for that as well. I could sense she wanted us together...as a family like when I was a child because we were all so happy back then.

"So Darren's apparently having a party this weekend and he invited all of us. It's apparently going to be the biggest party this year." Kelly ranted on as I stared down at the ground. For the past few days, I've just been zoning a lot, which hasn't helped when it came to studying.

The others found out what happened and of course, they were by my side straight away, but I don't think anything's working to get rid of this weird feeling in my chest and gut.

"Hey, I know things are rough at the moment with your parents. You okay?" I turned to Michael who bent down to my height to see if I was okay. Giving him my most convincing smile, I nodded. He only looked a bit skeptical  of it but allowed it anyway.

I tried to listen in to their conversations and the door to the girl's bathroom opened and I see Miranda and one of her friends heading out. They passed us, but quickly stopped to smirk down at us, specifically me. Knowing them, they probably had something to say from a week ago—knowing them, of course, they do.

"Oh, miss problematic, causing anymore issues again?" Miranda cooed mockingly as I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Miss Problematic? That's new.

"What do you want, Miranda?" I mumbled and she only chuckled before making her way towards me. Nicole holds a hand out to Miranda to stop her from coming closer so she stays in her place. Oh dear lord, no.

"Isn't it sad to have parents who always fight? I'm starting to think you're spreading your shit to everyone. Maybe that's why your parents are fighting." let me present to you, Miranda Amelia Brevil. She's always blaming me for shit and it was incredibly amusing because her own parents were divorced and now hated each other's guts so I highly doubt she had the room to speak.

I sighed and cocked my head to one side and smirked, my anger bubbling up inside of me. If she thinks she can be so tough and get away with it, then she really has no hope against little old me. She's doesn't know shit whilst with me, it's practically living around me.

"Is that why your parents have divorced already?" I spoke and Kelly released a sound before lightly chuckling, "oh, I'm so sorry. Karma's a bitch, isn't it? But it's exactly what you deserve."

I would've thought she'd back off now I had my way, but she didn't. Instead, she shoved Nicole out of the way and stalked closer to me before getting right in my face. She had a sinister snarky look upon her face as I gulped lightly.

"Karma is a bitch. You are the dumbest person I've ever met so I guess you have the opportunity to hear it from me, but that woman who your father mentioned on the phone happened to be one of your dear mom's close friends." I mean, I already knew that. Mom doesn't know, well, she does now. She came back from the garden committee fuming when she heard about Mandy's antics with her husband. She wouldn't stop being so heavyhanded with everything, I literally thought she was going to break something.