Chapter 37.

CHAPTER 37: officially a match and eyes everywhere

vote and comment

I arrived in school that day with Owen and for once in my life, I've never been this happy

I arrived in school that day with Owen and for once in my life, I've never been this happy. It felt as if it had been raining for a while and now it was sunny. Now that it was getting closer to Christmas, the weather was cooling and the days weren't that warm anymore. I actually think it might snow soon as well.

"God, I actually think it's cold enough that my dick might freeze," Owen told me that day as he drank the last of his coffee before throwing the cup into the recycling bin. I arched an eyebrow before turning to look at him in which he simply shrugged, "I'm not kidding."

"Well, when that happens, don't forget to holler," I told him simply although the thought alone of his dick freezing and falling off does sound quite funny. He just rolled his eyes at me before his arm flies out to wrap itself around my waist. Anyone who would look at Owen now wouldn't know it was the same notorious gang leader that they've heard about.

"Well, if it isn't the lovebirds. Try to keep public PDA to a minimum. I think everyone would all benefit from not getting their eyes gouged out due to a couple eating each other's faces off," Kelly's voice spoke as we turned to see her stood there, a smirk on her face. It may have not been noticeable, but I could see the tension on her shoulders as if she were carrying weights upon them.

Owen could notice as well and to be honest, he was currently slightly cowering behind me. What a baby, I thought, a small grin on my face. Kelly was scary when she was out of it and it struck a fear of God to everyone. I pushed Owen forward, shoving him to the side.

"Surely, she doesn't scare you," I whispered to him as she walked off, waving back to us. I waved back whilst Owen stood me in front of him for protection. Kelly would never hurt a fly and I knew that. The fact that Owen's practically terrified of her is telling me Liam was the least of my worries.

Darren, oh Darren, he sure is in for one hell of a shock. Who knows what Kels could be planning in that pretty little head of her's?

When I got to the classroom, Owen headed off to God knows where and I walked in. There were other students already in the classroom. Pieces of artwork hung on the walls of the classroom as well as clay projects on the side with a few pieces of art that hadn't been put up yet.

I headed to my table and sat down upon the stool, tucking my skirt underneath me as I placed my folder on the desk. I opened it up and flicked through each page to get to the correct one.

"Fuck, where's the blue paint? Lucy, have you seen the blue paint?" one of the students asked. I looked up and Peggy was walking around the classroom, looking around her with a pallet of paint in her hand and a paintbrush behind her ear. She was one of the best artists in our school, always volunteering to do the background and scenery for school productions. She had shear talent and great creativity. Let's just say she always thinks outside the box in her work.