Chapter 08.

CHAPTER 08: brothers

vote and comment

My brother and I loved boxing

My brother and I loved boxing. Our dad used to do it and said he was going to teach us as well when we got older. Obviously, now that can't be done so Alfonso, our father's brother in law decided to teach us instead.

Owen landed another hit to the punching bag, grunting in the process. He was covered in sweat and his eyebrows furrowed together in concentration. Of course, Owen was better than me, though. He's always been the better twin, but he cared about me and I guess that's what matters the most.

"Wow, you boys have grown an awful lot, you know." I turned to see Mr Perkins, one of dad's oldest friends. He's always away and he hasn't seen us in years actually. Still, he looked the same. On his face, he had that white beard and the same wrinkles under his eyes and around his mouth. The same piercing grey eyes burned through to me and Owen as he stopped, a small smirk covering his face.

"How are you doing, old man?" he sneered in a joking manner as he went over to Mr Perkins to give him a hug. He was a close friend to our dad and so we treated him like family. The practice ring was owned by him, but barely anyone sees him because he's usually away.

"You haven't changed one bit, young man. Kiara's told me all about what you've been up to the past few days since returning," he said, his tone scolding. Heh, he's not the only one. Ever since we got home that day, Kiara's gone non stop about it all. Of course, I do agree. Brielle's a nice girl and she's exactly what Owen needs right now yet he just can't stop being so snarky about everything.

"Fucking hell, how many more people is she going to tell? If she wants to have a go then she can bet I'll fight her," he grumbled as Mr Perkins greeted me with our own small hug.

"It was a bit rude though, Owe," I commented and he shot me a glare, which instantly shut me up. The majority of the time and it is hard to believe, but Owen was a good brother to me. He's always supporting me no matter what choice I make, "you know, Brielle or Kiara haven't done anything wrong."

Ever since our parents died, he's just switched off completely. He won't ever be nice for too long and he never really understood why people are just trying to be happy in difficult situations like with Brie and her parents. He doesn't know about her parents fighting and she wants to keep it that way, which is fine, but he's always asking me why she's always so happy...

...when she actually isn't that happy at all.

"She has the audacity to talk shit about mom and her brother in front of a girl who shouldn't even know this stuff," he snarled and a cough behind him immediately riles him down a bit.

"Enough now, boy. You'll scare the younger members away," Alfonso exclaimed loudly as he wore his dark navy suit, his hair gelled back. He must've been at the casino earlier, I thought.