Chapter 14.

CHAPTER 14: you don't always have to be so grumpy

vote and comment

I thought I wouldn't ever end up having to face Owen again since our kiss, but then I realised we had chemistry together. How did I even not know that? I thought as I made my way into SVA that morning. Like damn, I must've been losing some brain cells.

I hated how forgetful I was because for one fucking day, I want to live like a normal person without having some overly depressed guy in my life to screw me up.

The familiar voice calling my name in the distance caught my attention and I turned to see Mike walking quickly towards me. His uniform was crumpled slightly and he looked like he had woken up late. Again.

"Sugartits, wait up," he spoke and I cringed at the nickname once again. I've never been used to it, but he insists it's cute.

"Michael, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that in public," I sighed, covering my forehead as people glanced our way, strange looks upon their faces. Shut up, Lois. You have a pig nose so I wouldn't look at me like I'm the most hideous thing in the world.

'Sugartits'.

He's always calling me that. I don't know where it came from or why he calls me that, but he just does. I think it's sweet we have nicknames for each other, something to make our friendships last longer.

As me and Mike headed to class, my eyes darted over to Owen with some of his gang already there. Ever since I discovered why Owen was so angry, I just didn't know what to think. Liam was definitely dangerous and I realise that now, but I didn't think he had the guts to mess with Owen like that.

He looked rough, like really rough. As usual, he wore his leather jacket over his school uniform. The look he held on his face was concentrated that he wasn't fazed whatsoever by anything that was happening around him.

"They look a worn out. Maybe it was just another one of their missions," Mike said and I nodded as I bit my lip. He may not know, but I did. The problem, everything that has been concerning Owen for the past week or so. He held a flame, burning so brightly in his eyes every time he thought of bringing Liam down.

Still, I didn't want to involve so many people with this. Owen held me responsible for keeping this all a secret from everyone. If I told anyone, who knows what would happen to me? I wasn't willing to find out whatsoever.

Owen's eyes lift to gaze into mine and I quickly move them away, coughing lightly as I headed over to Coco to talk to her. She welcomed me with open arms as it seems and smiled.

I wasn't that used to hanging out with people like Coco because she lived an exciting life. There was no going at your own paste because she was a quick one, never taking her time to savour things.

"How is our innocent princess?" she asked and I shrugged. Her smile widened and I was quite weirded out by it, "you know, after your time with Owen, I'm starting to believe you're more of a queen kind of girl."

Okay and there it is.

I knew Jaxon was going to spread that to the whole gang and now coco knows. Aren't I just so lucky?

"Yeah, I'm good. I've been better, but you know, not too shabby," I spoke casually as I leant against the wall directly across Owen. As I leaned back, my skirt drifted up slightly, more of my tanned thighs being shown as I looked back at Owen, his eyes no longer on me but on my bare legs, a small blush on his face as he gulped. What he did made me feel unusually uncomfortable as I shifted in my place.