Chapter 72.

CHAPTER 72: worry

vote and comment

In the end, Owen decided it was better to bring backup with him knowing I'd would be weighing on his conscience the whole time he was there

In the end, Owen decided it was better to bring backup with him knowing I'd would be weighing on his conscience the whole time he was there. He couldn't afford to get distracted especially when we all know it's going to get dangerous when we're there.

That morning, I sat down at the table in Owen's house because mom was busy with work today. Fingers grazing against the roads and paths on the map, I tried to find quick exit roots or places that could lead us to a trap. It wasn't simple work, but I wanted to try my very best so Owen would at least get out of there alive.

My mother was going away for a few weeks which means I'll be at the house by myself and even though that doesn't sound bad, I hated being alone. Something in the back of my mind always told me something bad was going to happen even when nothing did, but hey, that's trauma for you.

My mind had run through every possibly I could think of and I was starting to realise my possibilities were beginning to sound far fetched, but this was Liam we were talking about. He's not exactly the most sane person we've ever met, but to be honest, I felt sorry for the guy. His whole life has revolved on being at least acknowledged as his father's equal yet with little success. I could tell nearly all his motives for hurting people was based upon his father's orders and it seemed like he hardly made decisions for himself.

Regardless, he was still a danger to Owen especially under the influence of drugs or alcohol. His actions were erratic so he's more likely going to hurt him without us expecting. I really didn't like this idea, but at least he's decided to bring support with him because I wouldn't know what to do if he just up and left suddenly.

"Blondie, what're you doing here?" I paused and turned around to see Owen stood in the doorway wearing a pair of the school's physical education shorts. He ran the damp towel over his hair as my eyes ran down from his broad shoulders to his glistening abs and all the way down to the waistline of his shorts, hanging low enough that the V shape on his hips showed.

As I struggled to get the words out, I was in surprise at what I was seeing. Yes, I've seen him naked before, but that doesn't mean I'll ever get used to the sight. He's gorgeous and he fucking knows it. The way he's looking at me now and the way he looks with limited clothing is making me want to jump his bones.

Horny bitch, my conscience told me.

"Brielle." when I met his eyes, they shone with a devilish gleam that matched the smirk playing upon his lips. Crap, I thought, he must've noticed me practically drooling over him, "is something wrong?"

His question was innocent enough, but I knew in everything he said, there was some kind of hidden meaning to it. This one was just of those unfortunate things I would be too embarrassed to answer and he knew it, but he never asked nor did he tease.