Chapter 32.

CHAPTER 32: when Jeremy Thomson strikes back

vote and comment

Things were finally returning back to normal. Well, I say normal, but nothing's ever normal in my life. My former father, the boy I like's rival and his father are currently against me and the boy I like. We love the confusing life of a girl.

Me and Owen were back in school. He trailed behind me as I read my psychology book whilst walking down the corridors to my locker. His voice pierced through the air sometimes, telling me which direction to go in so I wouldn't bump into anything. His hand sometimes grabbed a hold of my arm to steer me away.

I stopped at my class and looked up at Owen expectantly before pushing my glasses up with my finger. He sighed before taking his bag off and opening it to take out the chocolate milk he owed me. Oh, yes, we've started trading. For every chocolate milk he gives me, I have to give him one of my toasties. It's a great deal and I was glad to get behind with it. Free chocolate milk. Yum...

Owen handed it to me as I closed my book on the bookmarked page and settling it comfortably in my hand before taking the straw and piercing the milk carton. I drank my milk in utter content. This is where my life truly gets better. You know, stress-free and just living in the moment. I can't enjoy it too much though because when I have one of my happy moments, something always ruins it.

It's like the bad vibes love to shit rainbows upon me.

"Why chocolate milk? You do realise it's not that healthy, right?" huh, he thinks he knows everything. How cute. I only drank the rest of it up before placing it in the bin and staring sternly up at him.

"What are you, a health inspector? Have you suddenly become my doctor or something?" I retorted back at him sassily. I swear, when I wear my glasses, I'm a whole different person. It's so weird, "look, Karen, I don't care, okay? If I want to drink chocolate milk, I'll drink chocolate milk."

I rolled my eyes before turning to see Owen trying to hold a laugh in. Oh, so now he thinks he's funny. Wait until I shove your head up your ass. That'll be funny.

"I-I was just teasing. I didn't know you'd take it seriously," he spoke, pursing his lips to stop him from laughing, "I won't do it again, I promise."

"You're extremely lucky you're alive right now," I grumbled in annoyance. This wasn't the first time Owen's jokes weren't funny because they irritated the fuck out of me. It also won't be the last time as well, knowing him.

He smirked, his face devilishly handsome—well all of him is actually devilishly handsome—but hey, we're focusing on the face. I watched him lean down to my level, placing a hand on the wall on my left. I could feel his face get closer to mine, his hot breath fanning my lip.

"Damn right I am. I am one lucky fucker," he mumbled, pressing his lips firmly upon mine, sure to leave me breathless. He always does. Right now, I didn't care if anyone was looking. Let them look, the jealous a-holes of the school. When he let go, I was panting slightly, biting my lip as he smiled smugly at me, "you look hot as hell when you blush."

I panted, trying to regain my composure. He leaned down further, his lips touching the delicate and sensitive skin on my neck. My fingers whined through his thick hair before lightly tugging at the strands. He groaned lowly before I felt his tongue dart out. I gasped, pushing him back and seeing his smug smile on his face.