Chapter 40.

CHAPTER 40: Liam, the underdog

vote and comment

I paced through my father's office that afternoon when I returned from school

I paced through my father's office that afternoon when I returned from school. God, Calston High really is just a school of high as fuck kids. The students I had to deal with there and my father still doesn't take me out of the school. Anything to make me suffer, I guess. The smell of smoke fumes from other students and the lack of care to the school because of the mold that was starting to form in the corners of the classrooms made me want to shoot myself.

The door opened suddenly and my father walked in. I turned around to see surprise in his eyes just briefly before the stern look returned to his face. He really must be surprised I'm here to see him. After all, sometimes, I can't stand being in the same room as him.

"Son," he started as he walked over to his desk and setting the papers down upon the hard surface, "what are you doing here? How was school?"

"Cut the crap. We need to talk. It's about the plan." he stopped suddenly and slowly dropped the papers down. The man lit a cigar and beckoned me to continue. I gulped because I was worried about the plan. Worried it wasn't going to work. They had a huge fucking advantage compared to us with more members who weren't deranged or dead, "is it actually going to work?"

My father's hard glare had settled on me again. He looked at me as if I was insane. I settled in the chair across him as he glared down at me, blowing out the smoke from his cigar before scoffing. There was always something about the way he looked at me. Something like pure hatred and distaste. I've got used to it, but it made me more bitter the more I looked at him.

"What kind of stupid question is that?" he snapped at me as I jolted in my seat slightly from the loud tone of voice, "of course, it will, you fucking fool. The gang's members are young, stupid and naive. They don't have the wits and ice cold hearts like we do!"

"You're not listening to me! They have Owen! The have Brielle and they think with clear heads that aren't killed with the fumes of weed and drugs! I've already bitten off more than I could chew! You forced me to go to that party and assault that girl when she's done nothing! I thought we were keeping innocent people out of this! What if we fail?!" my father got out of his chair and grabbed me by the collar before yanking me towards him in a harsh grip. I knew for a fact I pissed him off with my overthinking. He told me himself and I doubt this will be any different.

"No! Liam, you will not fail, got it?! Because you damn well know what will happen if you fucking do, boy!" by now, Oscar got rid of his cigar and had a hold of his gun, pointing it to my head. The man sure was crazy to never put his gun on its safety, but this was Oscar we were talking about. He never gave a shit. I smirked up at him, feeling him press the gun harder to my head. Chances are that was going to leave a bruise.