Chapter 74.

CHAPTER 74: mending wounds

[violence warning, my doods. so if you don't wanna read it, skip ahead. i won't be offended :0 ]

vote and comment

"NO, OWEN!" a sudden shout from the car in front of him had caused Darren to leap from his car and to Brielle. He didn't know what the fuck was going on in that warehouse so the fact that Brielle was shouting had scared the life out of him. His feet sprinted to the passenger door before knocking upon the window.

"Brielle, you okay?" he asked, his tone panicked and he opened the door to see her, cowering in fear with her hands over her face with trembling hands. She was petrified and had refused to look at the screen at anything, worried that the sight of blood from Owen would remind her of when her father was shot, "what's wrong? Is it Owen?"

Darren sat in the seat next to her before taking the laptop, his throat jamming up slightly due to his nerves. When his brown orbs landed on the screen, he noticed Owen still in Liam's hold. However, his hand was clenched around his wrist, trying to stop the sharp blade from hitting his skin.

"Hey, hey, hey," Darren spoke, prodding Brielle on the shoulder multiple times before she uncovered her eyes and peaked at the screen, breathing out heavily and sighing, "he's fine. Don't worry."

"Oh my fucking god," she muttered under her breath as she leaned her head back against the driver's seat. It seemed she was out of breath as if she had just done a run, but no. Currently, she was riding out the aftershock of what would've been the biggest breakdown in her life, "I almost died."

"It's fine, Brielle. Just breathe. He'll be fine, trust me," Darren told her as he handed her back the laptop just in time for Alfonso's voice to come on from the two-way radio. He walked out of the car and closed the door and listening in at Alfonso's voice.

"Darren, we're almost done here. Is Brielle okay?" Darren looked back to see Brielle now contently in the car, waiting for her lover's return before groaning in what seems like relief.

"She is, but she almost gave me and her a heart attack. Make sure Owe's okay," he told him quickly as he returned to his car. Darren sat patiently in his car as Alfonso got back to him. As much as he and Owen fought a lot, he treated him like a brother. Both Jaxon and Owen did.

When he had another row with his mom, he always went over to stay with Owen and Jaxon. Growing up, he depended on the two boys—particularly Owen—to improve his already shit life. By defending his honour and fighting at his side, that was the only way he could repay him in return. However, the guy didn't like admitting to him that he was worth more in his life than he realised.

"Well, obviously, he's my nephew." there was some commotion on Alfonso's end, which told Darren that he was ninety six percent likely to be fighting someone. There was a groan on the other end before Alfonso's gritted speech pierced through the air, "ugh, I didn't think I could feel pain there anymore—gotta go." 

Meanwhile, Owen had shrugged off Liam, shoving aside the blade he held in his hand as it landed on the ground with a clatter. Owen stood up quickly, grabbing a gun that had fallen on the ground next to him, aimed for the roof and shot. Everyone around him had stopped, pausing their movement as they all gazed confused at Owen.

"Giving up already? That's unlike you, Bowers," Liam said tiredly, breathing out heavily as he stumbled to his feet, struggling slightly from the deep cut he earned himself on his leg, "I thought you were better than this."