Chapter 14: Allergic to Cats

A/N: Helllooo! An additional new chapter this week on behalf of Cat Day in Japan on Feb 22. :p

You stared up, moon eyed at Bakugo, completely shocked by his response. 

"We're leaving. This place is getting crowded." His voice and grip was firm as he grabbed your hand, leading you and pushing past the crowd that was still gathered around you two.

You barely had enough time to wave goodbye to Todoroki and your other friends as you and Bakugo slipped through the arcade, leaving them bewildered by yours and Bakugo's sudden departure.

Once you two were outside away from everybody, you looked up at Bakugo again, who was still latching onto your hand with his.

His head was turned to the side and he seemed a little distracted by his thoughts.

"Um?" You mumbled, trying to awkwardly get his attention.

Bakugo finally glanced down at what you were gesturing at and immediately let go.

You swear he had a blush on his face as he turned away from you.

"Shitty cat girl." Bakugo muttered under his breath.

"Hey, you haven't called me 'shitty' in a while..." There was this intensity surrounding him that you couldn't explain, causing your voice to come out as a measly whisper.

Bakugo stayed silent, eyes staring at the sidewalk cracks, contemplating on something for a while.

"You're not so shitty...after all."

You found yourself at a loss for words, your eyes flickering slightly at the half-hearted confession.

"-but I'll call you 'shitty' if you're being shitty." He quipped, reclaiming his smugness in one fell swoop.

"Exactly how am I being shitty??"

"BECAUSE YOU GOT DISTRACTED BY THOSE EXTRAS!! Now I don't know if I'm really better than you at that stupid game or not..." Bakugo crossed his arms, a tick mark growing on his forehead and a scowl crumpling up his face.

It was true, he wanted to beat you fair and square at the game...but he didn't want to admit the real reasons as to why he was suddenly in a sour mood.

One reason was because you had become bothered by the comments made about you two being together and the other reason was that he didn't want his time with you to be interrupted by the presence of Todoroki or the other extras.

"THAT'S what you're upset about??" You face palmed at the explosive boy's fierce competitiveness. "Guess it can't be helped though..." You sighed, trailing off as your legs began leading you away from him once a pleasant smell suddenly hit your nose.

"HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING, SHITTY CAT GIRL?!" Bakugo shouted, going after you.

He couldn't believe the nerve you had for walking away from him like that.

"...I have to find out what that heavenly smell is!"

When he caught up, you dragged Bakugo further along with you, not giving him time to protest.

Not too far down the street, your nose led you in front of a quaint sushi restaurant.

"Typical. Cat girl likes fish." Bakugo mocked, a ghost of a smirk replacing his annoyance from a few seconds ago.

"Yeah, yeah...I'm not that cat-like, OK??" You dropped his arm, but this time, a scowl rested upon your face instead of his.

Just then, a stray cat crossed in front of the two of you.