Chapter 82: My Fault

A/N: Who's been loving these frequent updates lately...or is it too much? 🤪

And as you've probably guessed-this chapter isn't fully edited yet.

After Midoriya explained how he believed the camp would be the safest place to be since Aizawa and Vlad King should be there, you guys formed a single file line to get there.

Leading the pack was Shoji (who still had Midoriya riding on his back), next Tokoyami, then Todoroki (who was still carrying the 1-B student), you, and trailing at the back was Bakugo. While you guys were walking, you had your head pointed to the ground. 

This is all my fault. Isn't it? I don't know why the villains have targeted me...but I'm putting everyone's lives in danger by being here. Your eyes shifted towards Todoroki's back and the others in front of you, your figure slightly trembling, which Bakugo quickly took notice of.

"Hey." His tone was abnormally soft.

You turned your head over your shoulder slightly, waiting for him to go on.

"Don't go thinking any of this is your fault."

Confusion flickered through your eyes, contemplating for a split second how he wasn't a mind reader but was just exceedingly keen and unexpectedly observant and intuitive. 

"I don't know why they're after you...but I promise I won't let them take you." Bakugo felt a blush rise to his cheeks, hiding it by forcing his head towards the gravelly ground.

His words touched you deeply and you couldn't help but have a heartfelt smile on your face as you turned back to face the front, deciding not to tease him about it.

Todoroki's muscles on his face tightened as he heard Bakugo's vow as well, despite the ash blonde's attempt to keep his voice down and not to be heard by anyone but you. He readjusted the boy on his back, distributing the weight more evenly before putting his concentration back to whatever danger could be lying on the road ahead.

 He readjusted the boy on his back, distributing the weight more evenly before putting his concentration back to whatever danger could be lying on the road ahead

It wasn't that much further along when you all heard shrieks past some trees up ahead.

You lifted your head in the direction of the screams, and thanks to your hearing, you recognized that it was Ochaco and Tsuyu. Without thinking, you sprinted forward, leaving the group to follow you while calling for you to slow down or come back.

"Damn it, cat girl!!" Bakugo gritted his teeth, vein visible on his throat when he failed to grab you before you ran off.

"y/n!" By the sound of Todoroki's voice, he was clearly not happy.

He was not surprised though.

It was just in your nature to go help when you knew someone was in trouble.

That's how he knew you would be a caring and courageous Hero one day, and that was something he admired greatly about you...but that's what also worried him.