Chapter 86: That Night

A/N: Unedited chapter-I bet you guys are tired of me saying that...but excuse any mistakes again since I'm posting this chapter at 1AM. ()

 (☉‿☉✿)

"You...cheated?" You squinted, head lowering.

Your mom, who you had held in such a positive light, just admitted to doing something you never would have expected her to do. You didn't know what to think.

"And that wasn't the first time, was it?" Genji plucked a piece of lint off his shirt before his head bobbed up, arrogant smirk surfacing on his lips.

Your mom didn't want to answer, shrinking into her seat when she looked over to your dad.

His eyes remained half-closed, shoulders sagging. He refused to look at her.

"The first time was about-" Genji pretended to ponder. "How old are you again, y/n...?"

You raised your head, e/c eyes glowering at the pale skinned man. When you didn't answer, he chose to answer his own question.

"About fifteen or sixteen, right? So, it was around sixteen years ago."

Your glare wavered a little, eyes flashing with a hint of confusion since you were unsure of how to take in what he was saying.

"Are you trying to insinuate something?!" You grinded your teeth.

"No, I am not...but imagine how you would feel if you found out your dear loving spouse had cheated on you? It would make you question a lot of things..." Genji's eyes narrowed as he looked towards the wall on the other side of the room before slowly looking back at you. "I would say it would be enough to make somebody...snap. Wouldn't you say, (Father's name)?"

From the corner of your eye, you saw your father cringe.

Your father gritted his teeth, bead of sweat on his brow from being reminded of the horrible memories that continued to haunt him every day of his life. He would never be able to forgive himself for everything he did and didn't do that night.

"You want to tell y/n how and when you found out that (Mother's name) cheated on you? Weren't you on a rescue mission and were supposed to be saving some people from a burning building? How did that go? Didn't you only manage to save one kid? And that boy ended up with quite a few burns?" Genji egged on.

You didn't see it but Dabi's head jolted up, mouth setting in a hard line as a sliver of emotion flickered through those cool turquoise eyes because of some distant memories resurfacing.

"Not very heroic to let your own personal feelings get in the way of saving everyone..." Genji spared a glance at your father, who kept his head hung low. "But it's even more pathetic since you have a Fire Quirk and couldn't even stop the fire from spreading." He mocked.

Your father could still envision the boy he did manage to save.

He had spikey red hair that could almost resemble flames and thin turquoise colored eyes that should have been filled with joy and innocence but instead expressed a kind of fear and pain in them, which seemed to be there already and not just because of the fire raging throughout the room he was found in.