Chapter 62: Right Decision

It was Written Exam Day 1.

Biting your bottom lip, you felt your nerves start to creep up on you once Aizawa plopped the two stapled pages on your desk as he passed by to hand out the exams to the rest of the class. You tuned out Aizawa, who now stood at the front of the class and was giving instructions about the exam.

Todoroki's brows knitted together when he noticed your head bowed down, catching sight of the subtle trembling of your clinched mouth.

You were so much more comfortable with fighting and combat, better at practicals, so times like these gave you the worst anxiety. You thought it was a little silly that you would be less scared and would much rather face giant robotic monsters instead of taking a written exam. You weren't the smartest, but you definitely weren't dumb. You were clever and witty. You possessed the ability to be able to think fast on your feet, which made you a valuable asset, away from the classroom setting. You also had better grades and did better in classes that you were passionate and engaged about, and that's mostly why you excelled in Hero Basic Training. 

Feeling eyes on you from the left, you glanced to the side, locking eyes with Todoroki.

He didn't try to hide the fact that he was staring, instead, a kind smile greeted you.

"You got this." He mouthed, composing his features into encouragement right before Aizawa signaled for you guys to flip over the two pages and start the written exam.

Todoroki was happy to see the corners of your eyes crinkle and that the tenseness from your body seemed to slowly melt away.

You suddenly felt more at ease, no longer holding a look of anxiety on your face just because of Todoroki's quiet but undeniably fervent support. You shared a bright smile with him before he nodded approvingly.

Another small smile steered its way onto Todoroki's lips before he hid it by looking down and starting on the exam. After thirty minutes, he peeked up from a question on the page that he easily knew the answer to. His eyes travelled to sneak a glance at you. He observed the steady concentration on your face, chuckling to himself when he saw you chew the eraser on the top of your pencil before a cute 'Ah-ha!' expression popped up on your face because you had figured out an answer.

That's my girl. Todoroki proudly thought, aware of the smile claiming his face again before returning to finish up the last few problems on the exam.

Bakugo had noticed the small brief side glances and exchanges between you and Todoroki today, merely scowling and clicking his mechanical pencil repeatedly every time it happened to snap your attention away from the half white and half red haired boy

------------------------------------------------

The day after Written Exam Day 3 was the day of the practical exam.

The whole class, in Hero costumes, was gathered at the Center Plaza. All the U.A. teachers stood before you guys, except for All Might.

"Of course, it is possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes." Aizawa warned.