Chapter 89: Win

A/N: Unedited

After escaping with Bakugo, you two ended up following along and blending in with the panicking crowd that was being evacuated by a few pro-Heroes and cops

You didn't notice due to all the madness ensuing, but Bakugo trailed behind you in silence, his head hung low and hands stuffed in his pockets. You stopped alongside the many others when you were in the designated safe zone. It was only now that you could feel your phone vibrating in your pocket. Slipping it out, your brows furrowed when you read the first few notifications and messages that popped up.

[Ice Prince]: Where are you??

[Ice Prince]: Did you get to safety??

You were about to text back, but it began ringing and you examined the screen.

It read 'Ice Prince', so without delay, you picked up after the second ring.

"Hello? Shoto??"

"y/n?? Did you get my messages...? Did you get to safety?? You're not hurt, are you??"

You've probably never heard Todoroki sound so worried.

"Yeah...me and Katsuki...we're...OK." You snuck a peek at said boy, who was next to you, but you couldn't see his expression since his head was down and his hair covered his eyes.

You heard Todoroki from the receiving end let out a huge sigh of relief and also telling to who you could only assume was Yaoyorozu that you and Bakugo had gotten away from the villains before he spoke up again.

"That's good. But last time I saw you, you still had light burns on your arms and hands...you should go to the hospital and get thoroughly checked out...Where are you? I'll head over there now."

"We're actually in front of the station. But-I feel fine...It's probably nothing Recovery Girl can't take care of-" You tried to brush off Todoroki's concern, but you were cut off from answering him when you felt a tug on your wrist.

Confusion wormed its way onto your face as you stared back at Bakugo.

The way those crimson orbs burned like torches, glowering fiercely at you, put you on edge a little bit.

"The Icyhot bastard is right." He clicked his tongue, releasing his grip on you. "You need to go see a doctor. Don't know what those scumbags did to you..." His voice faded, head going towards the ground again.

Bakugo was feeling an overwhelming amount of guilt for not being able to stick by your side once the villains split you two apart. His head quickly raised, scowl on his face as he ripped your phone out of your hands and you gasped.

You could hear Todoroki calling out your name through the phone before Bakugo held your phone up to his ear.

"Don't worry about it, Half n' Half. I'll make sure she gets checked out." He stated dully before rudely clicking the 'End Call' button even when Todoroki was heard trying to get a word in about still wanting to talk to you.