𝟚

"Hello Mother," Renjun said, and his mother rushed over to give him a tight hug.

"Junnie!" His father nodded at him from the desk, and Renjun had to gasp that his mother was constricting his airflow and did they really want Chenle to be in charge of the kingdom?

That was enough to have his mother let him go with a chuckle. "Now what is it honey?" His mom asked.

"Why's Na Jaemin here?" That obviously wasn't what his parents were expecting, but years of training in what Renjun called "the royalty hellhole" helped them save face.

"You'll find out at dinner," his mother chuckled. "Which reminds me, how was planning it?"

"Really fun!" Renjun was immediately beaming, and began to explain to his parents how he'd strategically placed people so that he'd have interesting conversation surrounding him all night long, and his parents beamed.

Renjun knew he was lucky his parents loved him so much, and knew that he loved him just as much. "Which reminds me Renjun," his father said. "Leave the seats on either side of you empty. We have political guests coming."

"Where-"

"Me and your mom will sit with our councillors." Renjun's father answered, smiling. "And put Donghyuck next to Mark Lee and Chenle next to Park Jisung alright?"

Renjun nodded, bidding his parents farewell as he walked out. Wait they didn't answer his question. But it was too late, his mom had closed the door telling him to go rest up before dinner.

Joke's on them, he was going to go stress over every last detail before dinner.

♛♔♛

Chenle knew there was a proper place to scream over seating arrangements, and that now was not the time and place to do it, so there he was, stifling a scream that made him look both embarrassed and constipated at the same time.

"Breathe, please," Renjun hissed at his brother.

"Why am I next to Jisung Park I'm going to die Renjun I'm going to-"

"Dinner guests start arriving in five minutes!" Hyuck chimed.

"Renjun I'm going to die!" Chenle screamed, taking Renjun's robes into his hands and shaking his brother. Renjun took a deep breath, letting Chenle shake the living daylights out of him.

"Don't worry we all are." Renjun said in probably the most monotonous manner possible, and Hyuck laughed. "Don't worry Hyuck you're next to Mark Lee." Cue Hyuck grabbing Renjun's robes and shaking him as well.

"Why the hell am I next to that ex-ramen headed fatass you know his cheekbones are going to distract me from eating and-"

"Please get in positions." Hyuck suddenly scrambled out of the Great Hall, leaving the Royal Family of Lelidan in charge of greeting people. The names all blurred in Renjun's head; probably not a good thing, since he invited all of them, but oh well.

When everyone was properly mingling, he floated in between the groups of people, greeting each one personally.

He hated social interaction of any sort, but his parents had insisted on this dinner being planned by him. So here he was, interacting. Disgusting.

"Hi!" A cheerful voice said, and Renjun turned from talking to one of his servants to see the heir of Eyaekha, Mark Lee, waving at him. "You looked bored, so I thought I'd come over and talk to you," Mark smiled.

"Ah. I'm Renjun."

"Mark! This is such a cool castle. Like seriously, what is it made out of?" Renjun racked his mind for what the castle was made of, and finally some obscure piece of information surfaced.