𝟝𝟛

"Wake up!" Chenle screamed, banging on a pot right next to Mark's head. Mark groaned, and Chenle looked at Renjun, who sighed.

"Donghyuck," Renjun croaned softly, patting Donghyuck's head. "I'm going to hang you by your balls from the flagpole."

"Fuck you," Donghyuck replied, his eyes still closed. "My ass hurts."

"Shit," Chenle pouted. "I owe Jisung money then."

"You two fucked?" Renjun shouted, and Mark groaned.

"You owe me money!" Jisung shouted, and they heard Jaemin whoop.

"Finally! Jeno, when can we -"

"No."

"But Renjun's back! We can sex it up!"

"If I hear that out of your mouth again Na Jaemin I will actually punch you."

"At least tell me you used protection." Renjun said, choosing to block out his own fiancés.

"Why did you wake me up?" Hyuck asked, ignoring the question as he sat up tiredly then winced.

"I want you to do my coronation makeup and hair."

"Do you think I'm moving? I was up until four!"

"You are moving, because your precious brother is becoming a king." Renjun walked out, Chenle following him to his room and helping him find the clothes he needed.

"We pretend brilliantly don't we," Chenle said softly, looking at Renjun. "No one could guess how much we cried last night."

"A king must not show his emotion on his sleeve."

"A Crown Prince's Handbook, page 83, rule 119." Chenle finished, and Renjun laughed.

"Maybe we should write down our adventures and call it The Crown Prince's Guide To Surviving Royalty."

"I think just The Crown Prince sounds better," Chenle replied, laying the suit on the bed. Black with dark veins of green that pulsated with each heartbeat, a traditional cape of a king. The clothing underneath was simple, a white button up and dark green slacks.

"I didn't expect this day to ever really come," Renjun said softly. "Will Dad be there?"

"If he can stay awake long enough," Chenle replied softly. "He's really struggling with not being able to move anything."

"I see." Renjun found his crown, gold and simple, and sighed. "Tell Hyuck to hurry."

"I will."

"Chenle?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think Mom was proud of me?"

"More than anything," Chenle responded honestly, and Renjun sighed.

"I feel like I could have done something, because on the carriage it said BTS, which means they're still out there and I'm scared Chenle."

"Hey," Chenle said, looking at his brother. "It's okay to be scared. But don't let it rule you."

"When did you grow up?" Renjun laughed, wiping away his tears, and Chenle chuckled.

"When I was forced to."

♛♔♛

Jaemin and Jeno waited patiently for the ceremony to begin, sitting in the row reserved for them. Donghyuck and Chenle has entered a few minutes ago, and now they were using Renjun's full title - which was two minutes and counting.

It ended finally, the doors opened to reveal Renjun, and Jeno and Jaemins' jaws were officially on the ground. They'd never seen Renjun this formal, a glint in his eyes and his shoulders held with full authority.

His cape pulsated steadily, his hair in a single French braid leading back to a half bun, his eye makeup a smoky green.

His right eyebrow now had a criss cross slit in it, and his earrings were the same they had been, but in gold counterparts. The fit of his clothes hugged every curve perfectly, and his crown was perched neatly on his head.

"Oh fuck," Jaemin whispered, his eyes locked on his fiancé. "That's hot."

They watched as Renjun climbed the dais and began the ritual, swearing his life to protect the kingdom and to serve the people, never himself.

After a thirty minute long ceremony, the priest replaced Renjun's prince crown with a heavy gold crown with green velvet and Neo Stone studs, and Renjun straightened himself from the bow he was in, looking upon the people.

"All hail King Huang Renjun of Lelidan!"

"All hail!" Everyone else chimed, and Renjun smiled.

♛♔♛

"A private meal?" Chenle asked, and Renjun nodded nervously.

"I thought it would be nice, just all seven of us eating and enjoying each other's company." Chenle smiled and nodded eagerly, racing off to tell Jisung. Renjun sighed, taking off his crown and cape to sit at his desk, beginning to file through the paperwork the council had planned. New construction, law review, restoration, safety, permit checks, copyright checking, patents, blessings, speech requests, and more.

Sighing, Renjun ruffled his hair and looked for his glasses - years of working by weak light had already affected his eyes. Putting aside his own exhaustion and on his glasses, Renjun picked up the first packet, which was a solid forty pages of tiny font, proposing a thorough investigation into the stability of three historical sights.

He started reading, chewing harshly on his bottom lip as he twirled his pen, marking the areas of concern for him and noting the date of which he did so meticulously.

He was in about fifteen pages in when there was a knock at his door. "Sorry Mom, I'm busy," Renjun said without thinking before remembering his mom wasn't alive anymore.

"S-sorry, it's just me," Jeno said softly, holding a plate. "There were macaroons and I figured you were busy, so I grabbed some for you. Jaemin and Hyuck are busy being destructive though." Jeno smiled a little, and Renjun looked at him, reaching out a hand for Jeno to take. "Work?"

"You know it. I haven't seen you do work yet."

"I have some urgent, but for the most part I trust my council," Jeno replied. "Even though I told Taeyong to go on maternity leave, he's still going around the castle with a grumpy look and ordering people around."

"Must be nice," Renjun murmured, his eyes focusing back on the papers.

"Hey," Jeno said softly, lifting Renjun's chin to look at him and smiling. "If you need help let me know yeah?"

"Yeah," Renjun smiled, and Jeno left a quick kiss on his lips before walking out. Renjun turned his attention back to his paper right before the door slammed open, making Renjun screech in terror.

"Do stars have feelings?" Jaemin asked rapidly, and Renjun narrowed his eyes.

"Get out!" He shouted, throwing a pencil at Jaemin, who yelped when it hit him in the forehead.

"Nana, I told you not to bother our baby boy," Jeno's voice said as the doors closed again, and Renjun chuckled.

Their baby boy.

He could live with that.

♛♔♛

For me personally, it hasn't set in that we're close to the end. It doesn't seem very real.

But we end in seven chapters.

On an unrelated side note, Renjun with an eyebrow slit and makeup yes PLEASE 🥵