𝟜𝟘

Warnings: mentions of suicide.

♛♔♛

"Quietly, we don't want to wake the other one."

"He's dead asleep I'm sure he won't wake up." Jisung squinted his eyes closed, trying to block out the noises, his sleepy mind not computing what was happening. It was only when he felt something lifting his arm off Chenle he realised something was wrong.

Jisung sat up and looked at the two men, who looked shocked he was awake.

"Who are you?" Jisung asked, holding Chenle closer.

"I - we were just instructed to take Prince Chenle out for a while," one said guiltily.

"Bullshit. You're trying to kidnap him aren't you?" Jisung noticed one of them reaching for a weapon and sighed. "You already drugged him so you just need to eliminate me huh?"

"I really don't want to hurt you, we need Chenle though."

"Just take me," Jisung replied. "Leave Chenle and take me. It makes more sense; you'd be taking two kingdoms by shock instead of one, and Aikavia doesn't have a huge military presence. You'd be gaining more leverage."

Even with a sleepy head, Jisung had had enough experience negotiating to know that this would work. It had to, otherwise Chenle would get hurt or he'd have to pull a weapon, which he hated.

"That would work," the man concluded, looking at Jisung. "You'll come peacefully?"

"Of course." Jisung got out of bed and found a shirt, throwing it on and slipping on shoes. Then he looked back and gave Chenle a kiss on the forehead, smiling at his sleeping angel. "I love you Lele. Don't blame yourself." Then he turned to the people.

Was he terrified? Yes, completely. But he had made a promise to protect Chenle when he promised to marry him, and he'd do anything to keep the fragile boy safe.

Even if it meant being kidnapped.

"Shall we head out?" Jisung asked, and the men nodded. "Lead the way." They tied his hands together and placed a blindfold over his eyes, taking him out to a horse he was roughly slung over.

To his surprise, they didn't drug him. They just started riding.

♛♔♛

Chenle reached over in the bed, frowning at the cold side of the bed. He was in Jisung's room wasn't he? Then why wasn't Jisung there?

Sleepily, Chenle padded out of the room to the usual busy castle, people bustling and wandering. "Hendery?"

"Yes Chenle?" Hendery asked, pausing mid stride.

"Do you know where Jisungie is?"

"I don't, everyone thought he was with you." A feeling of cold dread began to settle in Chenle's stomach, and he looked at Hendery.

"What time is it?"

"About four in the afternoon, why?" Chenle tore through the castle, opening the door to his mother's study to see her agonising over a board with pictures on it.