𝟟

Jaemin was confused but not unhappy by the events unfolding. He was handcuffed to a very angry boy yes, but said boy was adorable when he was mad. Like a marshmallow. "I'm going hang Chenle from the roof by his hair," Renjun seethed. Adorable, right?

"Calm down honey," Jaemin said, smiling. Renjun glared at him, and he just smiled back.

"I am not your honey. I am the nightmare Chenle will be having until he dies."

"What's going on?" A voice said, and they all looked to see Jeno staring at them, eating an apple and frowning.

"We're handcuffed together," Mark said, stopping his bickering with Hyuck to show Jeno.

"Kinky," Jeno replied nonchalantly, looking down at his folder. "Anyways, I have to work."

"You're always working," Renjun said, surprising himself. "Come join us."

One would've thought the boys had all been diagnosed with the Black Plague at the same time at the shocked looks on their face. Renjun flushed red and looked down, obviously embarrassed. Jeno dropped his apple, his jaw joining the poor fruit on the floor. Mark and Donghyuck completely stopped bickering to stare at Renjun, and Jaemin blinked rapidly.

"You uh, want me to join you?" Jeno asked, looking surprised.

"Yes?" Renjun sounded like he was questioning himself and Jeno quickly snatched his opportunity.

"I'd love to join you. What're we doing?"

"Trying to find Chenle," Jaemin said, trying to hug the older prince and being shoved off.

"I saw him running a little earlier?" Jeno said, frowning.

♛♔♛

"Do you want me to die?" Chenle hissed as he slipped back into the closet, holding an armful of snacks and taking off his mask.

"I was hungry," Jisung pouted, taking a roll and stuffing it into his cheeks. "I haven't eaten today!"

"Risking my life for your stomach?"

"Yes," Jisung smiled the best he could with a roll in his mouth, and Chenle silently screamed over how cute he was. He was marrying probably the most perfect human being that had ever been created with the squishiest cheeks in existance and a beautiful smile.

"My turn. Truth or dare?"

"Truth?" Jisung squeaked, looking terrified. He had very quickly discovered Chenle was a master at this game, giving probably the most creative dares (he didn't know his pelvis could bend like that but apparently it could) and the most gut-wrenching truths (no one else he knew wanted to know exactly how far apart they could pull his cheeks with a clothespin or how long did he think a hickey would stay on his skin).

"Truth? Do you mind that you're going to marry me?" Chenle looked nervous about that, and admittedly he was.

"Not at all. It could be worse! I could be stuck with some weird old duke like the councilman Sehun? He's very strange."

"He is. He had rainbow hair for a while!"

"Really? I had blue hair."

"I obviously have green, but I want to try pastel pink. I think it would look striking. Or dark brown." Chenle mused.

"We should dye it together if we don't die here," Jisung said, and Chenle nodded seriously. "We should be quiet for a bit though."

"Probably." Chenle moved so he was tucked next to Jisung and leaned onto his shoulder, closing his eyes. "I'd like to die in my sleep so night night!"

"Goodnight," Jisung replied, and Chenle was out in ten minutes. They had stayed up for most of the night, so it wasn't that surprising.

In the dim light of the closet, Jisung could see how peaceful Chenle looked. Not screaming or anything, but his lips curved up into a small smile when he slept and his breathing had a little squeak to it.

He was falling so hard for Chenle it wasn't even funny.

Jisung shifted a little, making it so Chenle migrated to have his head on Jisung's chest, and he smiled fondly at the other prince.

Spending forever with him would be nice. If they survived.

♛♔♛

Mark didn't love being shackled to Donghyuck, but he didn't hate it either. It was pleasant enough, and they knew each other well enough that it wasn't awful, but Renjun and Jaemin was another story.

Who knew that Renjun had the power to bicker this much with someone over nothing.

"No I do not like the colour yellow and no I do not think that my hair would look good yellow!"

"It's blonde now!"

"I'm not a lighthouse! I will never dye my hair yellow that is tacky."

"Jeno could be green!"

"Keep me out of this Nana," Jeno said, and Jaemin pouted.

"But I think we'd look amazing. Like highlighters!"

"I swear I would throw you out of a window if we weren't attached. Actually, that's all the more reason to do that." Renjun looked like he was seriously considering jumping out said window, and Jaemin looked mildly terrified.

"Boys?" Queen Yongsun's voice startled all of them, and the foreign princes bowed to the best of their abilities. "Whatever - oh. The handcuffs. You still haven't found Chenle? It's been hours."

"I got a little busy dealing with this flirt. He tried to hit on Lami while we were stuck together!"

"It's not bad to get flirting advice. I know it came in handy for me!"

"Mom, you tripped in front of Dad and spilt spices all over his imperial robes, then said he looked spicy. You are not someone I'd go to flirting advice about, but thank you." Renjun said, and his mom frowned.

"Fine. For that, you won't get my help telling you where your brothers are."

"Mom!" Renjun shouted as the queen sped away, laughing. Renjun looked at Jaemin, and they agreed on one thing.

They ran after her.

♛♔♛

Would you rather have a firework kiss or a kiss in the rain?

As a random side note, my autocorrect changed Lami to lamp and I almost left it.