𝕊𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝕍 - 𝕁𝕒𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕜

𝕁𝕒𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕟'𝕤 ℂ𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

♛♔♛

Jaemin nodded solemnly, taking the documents from his mother and looking at them. "All of these?"

"Yes please love," Seulgi said distractedly. Jaemin took a deep breath, hovering near the door for a few minutes before Seulgi looked up at him again. "Yes, Jaemin?"

"Mom, I already do a lot of the work right?"

"Yes?" She wasn't paying much attention to Jaemin, instead working on the papers she had spread in front of her.

"And you want to be a grandmother for my kids right?"

"Of course."

"Do you want me to be king?" Jaemin felt his heart plummet with how fast the current queen looked up from her papers, her eyes deadly.

"Let me think about it," she said evenly, and Jaemin nodded. He was currently alone in the castle with her, Jeno and Renjun busy with other things. It was only two months after their marriage, but they were both already kings and had to get things lined up within their own kingdoms. Jaemin - okay, maybe Jaemin felt left out when they told him they couldn't tell him something because he wasn't a king yet, or that he had to wait until the right time - but Jaemin just wanted to help.

His mom had taken on a lot since his father's betrayal, and he could tell queenship was wearing her down to the bone. They'd always been workaholics, but he didn't realise how much it had taken to keep Aikavia stable. Well, now he did.

And he wanted to be able to help, taking over and being with his husbands. He wanted his mother to relax, take up knitting, you know do whatever retired queens did when their gorgeous sons took over.

Jaemin awkwardly stood there for a few minutes, knowing as soon as he walked out his mother would probably call him back in to give him a decision. That was just her way of making sure he was listening. So Jaemin slowly edged his way out, hearing her start to mutter to herself.

She did that when she was thinking. But for now, Jaemin could just get started on whatever was in his hands. Reading it, he heaved a sigh. He had to settle a dispute between two lords over a leaf. A literal leaf. Didn't they have anything better to do than argue over a leaf?

Obviously not. Jaemin pouted for a few more minutes as he walked back to his desk, taking the leaf paper off the top and rolling his eyes as he read it aloud in the most ridiculous manner possible. "Lord Pettigrew the Pompous Brat and Lord Lupin the Decent are arguing over a fucking leaf, and since Lupin doesn't spread rumours he's the one that gets it!" Jaemin concluded, writing his decision in the space and lighting his blue candle, waiting patiently.

When it was ready, he dripped wax and sealed it with his decree. Only his mother could use the silver wax as the queen, so he got a mass amount of blue candles instead. Jaemin moved onto the next one, a whole thirty-page message regarding a water poisoning near the mountains.

Jaemin read through this one carefully, making sure the pipes were up to code, and when he noticed the problems, he began to write the report on the message and informing them of what they needed to do to repair it. As he was writing, he heard a throat being cleared at his door. "Yes?"