𝟜𝟡

Yongsun pursed her lips, looking at the speech she was writing. "What is it?" Yixing asked, and Yongsun sighed.

"Negotiation tactics and argument settlements."

"Isn't that Taemin's territory?"

"Most certainly," Yongsun sighed. "But here I am, encroaching on it."

"He wouldn't be impressed with your chicken scratch," Yixing teased, and Yongsun stuck her tongue out at him impishly.

"It's more readable than yours," she replied, and Yixing raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure of that?"

"Very sure," she said confidently, leaning forwards to show him how she was right.
Just then, the carriage jolted, and the couple could only share a terrified look before the carriage went crashing over the edge of the cliff, Yongsun being thrown out of the window and Yixing heard a snapping noise as the carriage continued to roll down the cliff.

The last thing he remembered with clarity was something crushing his chest.

♛♔♛

Chenle looked up in surprise as someone came into the throne room as he paced, not expecting anyone at this late hour. "Hello there," Chenle said kindly. "What's wrong?"

The man looked at him with wide eyes, his hat in his hands as he trembled. "Sir?"

"Your Highness," he managed, bowing deeply. "Sir, I don't know how to tell you, but I'm from a small mountain town in the Ozellaral Range."
Chenle put down his papers on his throne and looked at the man, concerned. "Continue."

"Sir, there was a carriage on a cliff coming our way, and it wasn't on a dangerous stretch or anything, it just lost control and when we got there the Queen was dead and the King was knocked out -"

"Wait," Chenle said, his heart dropping to his feet. "Queen Yongsun, dead?"

"Yes sir -"

"Take me to them." Chenle said, and the man bowed deeply. Jisung came padding down, looking tired and confused, but at the sight of Chenle's tears, he came running over to Chenle and looked at the man, his eyes narrowing.

"What did you do?" Jisung snarled, and the man looked at him, blinking.

"Your Highness, his parents were in a carriage crash and his mother died instantly, but his father is still alive."

"Take us to them," Jisung said, holding Chenle tightly, and the man nodded.

♛♔♛

Donghyuck let out a tiny moan, squirming in Mark's arms and waking the other boy, Mark blinking as Donghyuck continued to squirm. "Baby?" Mark asked softly, and Donghyuck only snuggled in closer, making softer mewling noises as one of his arms started to twitch.

"Sunshine, wake up," Mark whispered, and Donghyuck started awake, looking at Mark with wide eyes.

"I need to go."

"It's one in the morning sweetie."

"My mom's dead," Donghyuck said, his voice cracking. "Chenle's all alone in Lelidan without family and I need to be there for him, I wasn't there for Renjun but I want to be there for Chenle. My baby brother, I need to be there."

"I'm coming too," Mark murmured, clinging gently to Donghyuck's waist.

"Then move!" Donghyuck said, looking frantic. "He's alone there!"

"Sunshine," Mark whispered, holding his hands out to calm down his fiancé. "Sunshine, deep breaths please. Stress will trigger your epilepsy and cause your heart to start to give out earlier baby." Donghyuck looked at Mark with a vulnerable expression, and took a deep breath.

"Right."

"Want me to kiss you to help you calm down?" Mark asked, and Donghyuck laughed lightly, breathlessly.

"I think you'd steal my breath away instead of saving me any breath," Donghyuck smiled sheepishly at Mark, and Mark smiled, pulling his sunshine onto his lap and staring into his eyes in the darkness.

"Let me kiss you," Mark said softly, and Donghyuck's breath caught a little. "Please? I think it will help you calm down."

"Sweetheart," Donghyuck sighed. "It won't help me calm down because you make my heart skip so many beats I can't tell if it's a heart attack or not."

"But," Mark grinned, and Donghyuck sighed.
"But I would still love a kiss from my handsome fiancé." Mark smiled and leaned his forehead against Hyuck's, his warm breath fanning Mark's lips as he let Mark lead the kiss.

Hyuck melted into Mark's touch, one of Mark's hands tangling into Hyuck's hair and the other holding him close at the waist, squeezing it tightly, making Donghyuck moan softly, which in turn allowed him to get a good taste of Donghyuck, making the boy moan again as Mark tightened his grip again.

"You'll bruise me," Donghyuck whispered, and Mark smiled a little.

"Good. The world should know you're mine."
"What do you mean?"

"I told you, you're a statue. And I'd really like to take your mind off of this, so I'm going to make sure the world knows you're mine."

♛♔♛

Chenle took a deep breath, tears streaming down his face as he looked at the listless face of his mother. "That's her."

"I'm so sorry Your Highness," The woman said softly, covering her face again. "I'll prepare the body for transportation."

"Thank you," Chenle said softly before walking out to see Jisung waiting patiently, his arms already open for a hug. "It's her."

"I'm sorry," Jisung said, and Chenle blinked rapidly.

"Is it bad that I feel so numb I just can't feel right now?" Chenle asked, and Jisung folded his arms around him.

"It's okay baby," Jisung croaned. "It's okay."
"I want to see my dad," Chenle whispered, and Jisung nodded.

"Let's go then." Jisung's hand was laced with Chenle's as he walked with Chenle towards the hut Yixing was in.

When Chenle got in, Yixing looked at him with sad eyes. "Hello," Yixing managed, his tongue heavy in his mouth. "Yongsun?"

"Dad," Chenle's voice broke, his face crumpling as a sob came out of his throat, a sound he'd heard so many times come out of his throat. "Dad, she's gone. It was painless, they said she snapped her neck and died immediately."

"She's not in pain," Yixing said laboriously. "That's good."

"Dad," Chenle said, collapsing at his father's side. "Dad, Dad, I want my family back. I want Renjun, I want Mom, I want you." Yixing let out a long breath, his brow furrowing. "Dad, can I hold your hand?"

"You can, but I can't hold it back." Yixing said, and Chenle looked at him.

"What?"

"I'm paralysed from the neck down."

♛♔♛

I think this will end around Chapter 60 - are you ready for the end?

What's one thing you'd change about this story if you could?