𝟜

Mark was about to throw a shoe at Donghyuck. Hyuck was sitting on his desk, swinging his feet and playing with a fortune teller, completely stopping him from doing any work. Mark had to read over a trade treaty before dinner, and he was already stressed, and Donghyuck was not helping.

"You look stressed." Donghyuck hummed, looking up at him through a fringe of honey coloured hair. "Want to play?"

"No I do not want to play, I want to work."

"You sure?"

"Yes I am sure."

"I'm going to hang around while you work then," Hyuck said, rolling dramatically off Mark's desk. "I wouldn't be a good fiancé if I didn't support my sugar pie in his oh so tedious trade deals."

"I honestly don't know why our parents thought we'd be a good match."

"Since we've known each other for a few years and they know Renjun can't handle my fabulous ass 25/8."

"He's handled your remarkably underwhelming ass for longer than me."

"Okay, rude. My ass is great. And second, they probably thought we'd make cute babies."

Mark threw his shoe at Donghyuck.

♛♔♛

The sunlight was absolutely perfect, the walkway was absolutely romantic, everything was just right for getting to know your surprise fiancés.

So why was Renjun speed walking away like his life depended on it?

"Junnie," Jaemin called, leaning his head against Jeno's shoulder as he walked, noticing the stiffening reaction he got as a result. So he was stuck with a panicked gay and a closet case. He could work with that.

"What?" The other prince called, sounding annoyed.

"Where are we going for our date?" Jaemin asked.

"This isn't a date. This is you two following me to wherever my destination is, which could be a cafe. Or a slaughterhouse. So really, you're stalking me."

Renjun did not go to either a cafe or a slaughterhouse; instead, they were surprised when he stopped in the middle of the path, seeming to wait for something.

Jaemin noticed he had one of his many necklaces in his hands, then something came barrelling out of the side of the road. "Injunnie!"

"Hi YangYang!" Renjun beamed. "How's Xiao?"

"He's really good! I still think I should kiss him to make sure he's not a trapped prince."

"I told you, if you get sick I'm not going to nurse you back. I'll leave it to your frog."

"You must be the boy Renjun's told us about!" Jaemin suddenly chimed, and the boy looked at him with wide eyes. "I'm Jaemin!"

The boy bowed, apologising for not bowing sooner, and Renjun very quickly assured him he should not be bowing to those boys. "Injunnie, they're princes. Shouldn't you bow too?"

"I already bowed."

"You're going to get yourself hurt one day like that!" YangYang laughed. "Sorry about him Royal Highnesses."

Jaemin looked at Renjun, who gave him a death glare. "Don't worry about it. We'll take our leave now." Jaemin took Jeno's hand and laced his fingers with Jeno's, making the other prince a blushing mess.

"Let's make mud pies!" YangYang shouted, and Renjun cheered.

♛♔♛

"I want to make mud pies," Jeno whined softly.

"I think a date would be more fun. Mud pies would get us dirty." Jaemin could tell now why Renjun was wearing simple commoner clothes. "Do you like sweets?"

"Of course, what kind of a question is that? Nana, you've known me for years."

"We've never gone on a date!" Jaemin protested. "And I want to make sure my fiances are taken care of."

"Can you let go of my hand? And not use that word? It makes me feel weird." Jeno said, and Jaemin squeezed it tighter. Jeno's face was dangerously red, and Jaemin found that it was pretty adorable.

"No. Now what kind of sweets do you want?"

"Cake." Jeno said decisively, and Jaemin dragged him into the capital, making people gap at them as they wandered the streets. Jaemin knew exactly where he was going; he'd been to Lelidan's capital, Yelissi, on multiple occasions, and his entire family had a huge sweet tooth. So when he stopped at the cake shop, Jeno gave him an impressed look.

"This is probably the best cake I've had in Lelidan." Jaemin pushed open the door and the people inside automatically bowed. "Hi Jungwoo."

"Hello Your Highness. Would you like the strawberry cake again?" The boy smiled, looking like a puppy.

"Yes! It was absolutely amazing!" Jaemin said warmly. "But not as amazing as you look."

"Thanks." Jungwoo smiled, completely unperturbed by Jaemin's flirting. "So one strawberry and..." he trailed off, bowing at Jeno. "Your Royal Highness."

"I'll have a vanilla." Jaemin raised an eyebrow at his selection. Maybe the rumours about the ones from the military being wild was wrong. At least his cousin fit into that mould; he'd walked into Yuta pinning Sicheng against the wall more than once and seen Sicheng's shameful flush when Jaemin later gestured for him to hide his collarbone.

"One strawberry and one vanilla cake," Jungwoo confirmed, and they nodded. He took down two cake boxes and began to construct them, then going into the back room.

"This is a nice place."

"I know right? My family likes to come here." Jaemin finally let go of Jeno's hand and took a deep breath. "Lelidan is such a nice kingdom."

"It really is. If only the heir to the throne was more welcoming."

"I'm sure he has his reasons." Jaemin shrugged, taking the cake boxes. "Do you want to eat here?"

"Yes," Jeno responded, and they sat on some of the cushions strewn all over the floor. "So strawberry?"

"I like the pink. It matches my hair."

"Which reminds me, why did you dye it?"

"I was feeling rebellious. Besides, a good businessman can pull off anything."

"I forget you're a businessman."

"And I forget you're a military commander." Looking at Jeno, no one would've really expected that. He looked too cuddly, too much like a teddy bear to be capable of commanding an army. But if one looked closer, you could tell in the way he stood straight and how he tilted his head that he had at least a background of military training.

"It's going to be a beneficial marriage. If nothing else I know you like me." Jaemin teased, and Jeno laughed, flushing red.

"You're a very good friend." Jeno managed, and Jaemin rolled his eyes.

"I'm irresistible, what do you mean?"

"I mean you're a very good friend." Jeno somehow had icing on his face, not the cute small amount, but a huge smear. So Jaemin did the logical thing in that kind of situation and kissed part of it off. "W-what-"

"They have really good vanilla icing too! I'll have to try it." Jaemin smiled, and Jeno blushed.

♛♔♛

I got tickets to the NCT concert in Atlanta! Not going to lie, I cried a lot because it's a small venue and I can see them in person.