𝟙𝟜

Jaemin looked up as Jeno entered, smiling at the older. He looked absolutely phenomenal, wearing a light blue shirt, black robe, silver crown, and slacks that Jaemin could confirm made his ass look perfect for using as a pillow. Of course he couldn't confirm that until Jeno took off the robe, but when he did, he could confirm it easily. "You look great," Jaemin whispered, and Jeno seemed to be fighting a smile.

"Thank you Jaemin."

"Why aren't you smiling? I can see you want to," Jaemin whispered again. He was whipped for Jeno too, every part of Jeno, but especially his eye smile. It made him feel like the only person in the world, worth everything and more.

"My parents don't like it when I smile," Jeno said matter of factly out of the corner of his mouth. Jaemin almost threw his fork at Jeno's parents at that.

Instead he said something. "Well I want you to smile around me!" Jaemin put his fingers at the corners of Jeno's lips, trying to ignore how soft his lips were, and pushed them up. "Smile baby, it's your best feature."

Jeno looked at his mom, who nodded her permission, and Jeno smiled widely at Jaemin, genuinely happy to be spending time with the younger.

Jaemin grinned back, then the doors flew open to reveal Renjun, who looked solemnly around the room. He kissed his mother on the cheek, bowed to the rest of the monarchs, then sat in between Jaemin and Jeno.

It was safe to say Jeno practically hurled himself into realising he was falling in deep for Renjun at that moment. He was wearing remarkably well-fitting clothing, the robe that he was wearing only adding to the fact Renjun looked like a woodland elf that had come to bless them.

His makeup was perfect for the outfit, almost holographic green like the robe he wore, and Jaemin swore up and down he looked like he wanted a kiss. The crown on his brown hair was slightly crooked, and neither of them were willing to fix it, simply because it made him look even more magical.

"Is there something on my face?" Renjun asked them, a faint flush creeping up his neck.

"Beauty," Jaemin replied, and Renjun blinked. "Mind sharing some?"

"The only thing that's going to be shared is my hand slapping your cheek." Renjun snorted, adjusting his robe. "Aren't you two cold?"

"I don't get cold easily," Jeno shrugged.

"I wanted to show off my outfit."

"You three are getting along so well," Queen Seulgi beamed. "That's so good to see. We were worried."

"Really Mom?" Jaemin asked, and Queen Seulgi nodded.

"You three have such different personalities we were afraid of clash." Queen Yongsun confided. "But it's good to see you're slowly becoming friends."

"Not really," Renjun muttered, ignoring the hurt look on Jeno and Jaemin's face. They'd get married for a symbol, wouldn't they, and then they'd just rule over their kingdoms by themselves.

Even though Renjun had come so close to overall accepting his feelings, he didn't want to get too close to the boys. Really, Renjun was still suffering from guilt and trauma from the kidnapping all those years ago.

He couldn't stand the idea of anyone liking him enough to help with the burden, or them suffering because of it. That's the main reason he absorbed himself so much in art; he couldn't sleep most of the time and sometimes he'd catch a glance of his scar in the mirror and frown. Art could distract him, take him somewhere new.

"Renjun?" Jeno asked gently, concerned about the smaller boy.

"Huh?"

"The first course has been served," Jeno said pointing at the salad in front of Renjun. Renjun nodded, chewing mindlessly.