𝟚𝟠

Renjun nervously straightened his robes, remembering the meeting they'd just been in.
Remember, we don't know if he's going to target anyone tonight or not, but be on the lookout. I've overseen all the preparations, so it should be fine. His father's words echoed, and Renjun ran his hand through his now dark grey hair.

Him and Donghyuck had dyed their hair per tradition, both of them now with shades of grey, Donghyuck's significantly lighter. It had resulted in Donghyuck changing the mask last minute to have silver leaf instead of gold, but Renjun was thankful.

The ball tonight should be a time to relax, let go, and have a little fun. And besides, Donghyuck and Renjun we're both careful enough to stop anything.

Renjun was startled out of his thoughts by Chenle and Jisung practically bursting through the doorway, Chenle a flurry of red and gold and Jisung a mixture of indigo and white.

"Does it look okay Renjun?" Chenle asked, and Renjun forced down the bile at the sight of red.

"It's not too much, so it will be okay." Renjun said softly, not wanting to take away Chenle's happiness. "Your hair looks nice blonde."

"Thanks! I convinced Jisung to go brown! He looks like a whole meal!" Jisung flushed pink, and Chenle scoffed. "Not like I haven't eaten-"

"I don't need to hear this!"

"His lips, Gē, what else would I eat?" Chenle asked, and Renjun raised an eyebrow, holding up his Neo Stone bracelet with the bead that connected him to Chenle. Chenle turned red and began to splutter.

"I unblocked you to hear some very unholy thoughts about Jisung's thighs of all things." Chenle turned even redder, his entire face and neck matching the embroidery on his robes. Jisung was just as red, and Renjun sighed. "Seriously Chenle, you're three years old -"

"I'm nineteen thank you very much!" Chenle pouted.

"Three." Renjun disputed. "And I'd hate to see Jisung's thoughts knowing Jaemin's personality." Jisung waved his hands as he turned a dangerous shade of purple, making Renjun giggle.

"I'll leave you two love birds to finish getting ready. No dirtying anything of mine, and that includes the couch. Your masks are on the desk." Renjun grabbed his mask, smiling a little at the idea of hiding himself for the night. Jaemin and Jeno had yet to see his hair or him for the day, and he felt excited yet anxious.

Meanwhile, Chenle was trying so hard not to scream, because Jisung was giving him a completely unreadable look. "Thighs huh?" He teased, and Chenle turned purple.

"It was once and I was just admiring you!" Chenle blurted, realising that didn't sound any better. "Wait-"

"You're cute," Jisung said softly, almost shyly. "Really, you are. I'm lucky to have you in my life."

"I've been engaged to you for three months." Chenle giggled.

"And I'm going to spend forever with you," Jisung said confidently, pecked Chenle's cheek. "Let's go then."

Renjun knocked hard on Donghyuck's door to reveal the boy with silver hair wearing his black robes, the mask already in place. "Do I look okay?" Donghyuck gasped, looking out of breath.