𝟙𝟝

Renjun slammed the door closed, his hands slowly tangling into his hair as he let out a whimper, sliding down the door to bury his face into his knees. He was safe in the studio.

No one could hurt him there. No one could bring up the past, no one could press a knife to his throat or scar his brother. Renjun rubbed the makeup-covered scar, frowning.

Why had Jeno brought it up? Mark had to have told him, and Renjun couldn't blame Mark because Mark didn't know. And now his makeup was runny and he wanted to bury himself in something.

Preferably somewhere nice and about eight feet under.

He tactfully ignored the knock on the door, curling up further, and flinched when the door gently swung open to reveal Jaemin and Jeno. "Go away," Renjun said thickly, trying not to cry more.

"Baby, do you like hugs when you're having an attack?" Jaemin asked gently, kneeling down in front of Renjun. Jeno stook awkwardly at the door, his heart hurting at the sight of Renjun.

He hadn't meant for that to happen. This is why he was terrible with feelings. "Y-yes," Renjun said softly, and Jaemin gently eased himself so he was sitting with his legs criss crossed in front of him.

"Would you mind one from me or Jeno?" Jaemin continued kindly. His heart was twinging, making Jaemin feel awful. He'd been whipped for Renjun well before they were engaged, as had Jeno.

Now, the oldest of them was curled on the floor, looking like he wanted to die. "Baby?"

"You and Jeno?" Renjun asked cautiously, and Jaemin nodded.

"Of course, we can give you a hug at once." Renjun looked up at Jaemin, eyes wide and watery.

"Sorry I r-ruined the-"

"No apologies," Jaemin said, gesturing a worried Jeno over and motioning for him to sit with his legs wrapped around Jaemin. Jaemin did the same with Jeno, then gently coaxed Renjun in between them. "You have done nothing wrong. Nothing wrong okay baby?" Jaemin gently lifted Renjun's chin to meet his eyes, brown meeting brown, broken and teary to loving and comforting.

Jeno watched this soft side of Jaemin with wide eyes. He'd only seen Jaemin this gentle a few times before since usually, the boy was bold and brash. The last he could remember was when Jisung had accidentally ruined his bear plush and cried so much he'd thrown up.

Renjun closed his eyes and leaned into Jaemin, taking deep breaths. He smelled like lavender and rain, and it was then Renjun realised both the boys were soaked. "Why are you wet?"

"It started pouring as we were looking for you," Jeno said softly, looping his arms lightly around Renjun's waist. "But it's okay because we found you."

They felt Renjun relax entirely, and after a few minutes of silence, they realised that Renjun was asleep against them, a gentle frown on his face.

"Dear lord he's ethereal," Jaemin breathed, looking up from Renjun's face to lock eyes with Jeno. "As are you."

"What's with the compliment?" Jeno asked, trying to hide his blush from Jaemin. He saw Jaemin hesitate for a minute before he gently unlatched one of Jeno's hands from Renjun's waist and laced their fingers together.

"Can't I compliment my fiancé?" Jaemin asked, smiling a little at Jeno. Jeno's heart fluttered a little, and he bit his lip.

"It's so weird to think we're going to be married in five months," Jeno muttered.

"Yeah," Jaemin whispered. "Jeno?"

"Hm?"

"This would be a perfect time for me to kiss you," Jaemin said in a whisper, but unluckily for him, the rain wasn't quite loud enough to drown out that statement.

"Seriously? You'd kiss me? Me?" Jeno looked shocked, and Jaemin only nodded.

"Of course I'd kiss the boy I'm falling for."

♛♔♛

The rain cascaded down outside of the shelter that Jisung and Chenle had found, and Jisung sighed as Chenle turned towards him with the cutest puppy eyes he'd ever seen. "Sungie, can we please go dance in the rain now?"

"You could get sick Lele," Jisung reasoned, and Chenle clicked his tongue.

"So what? I want to dance with you!" Chenle gave Jisung one more sad look, and Jisung caved.

"Fine. Just for a while." Chenle let out a loud whoop and dragged Jisung into the square, lacing their fingers together and beginning to dance to the beat of his own drum.

Anyone who saw them would have seen the small smile on Jisung's face as he unlaced his finger's from Chenle's and let him dance, and the shy look Chenle gave to him. They'd know they were slowly but surely falling in love.

But the thought of love was far from Chenle's mind as he got to dance in the rain and admire the way Jisung's blonde hair got swept back and his bashful smile as he danced a little. He grabbed Jisung's hand, smiling as he pressed their bodies together.

"You know how to dance right?" Chenle asked, just loud enough to be heard over the rain.

"Y-yes?" Jisung stuttered, his face red from their contact. Chenle was internally screaming at how cute Jisung was and giving himself a pep talk, telling himself he just had to be a confident gay for a little longer before he could go home and scream into his pillow.

"Then let's dance." Chenle led, dancing with Jisung in the rain. It was exactly everything he wanted it to be, Jisung was warm and they were in a comfortable silence.

The rain was warm and they were soaked to the bone, but none of that mattered when Chenle happened to capture Jisung's eyes in his, chocolate and mocha searching each other for something.

Before he knew exactly what he was doing, Jisung gently lifted Chenle's chin and pressed their lips together in a chaste kiss, feeling Chenle melt into his touch even further.

Jisung pulled away, bright red, and Chenle smiled widely at him, cheeks ruby red. "You kissed me," he said softly, and Jisung nodded awkwardly.

"That is so perfect oh my gosh Jisung you're perfect in every way can we do that again?" Chenle was bouncing like a puppy, and Jisung couldn't help but smile widely.

"Of course Lele," Jisung said, and Chenle puckered his lips, making Jisung laugh before pressing their lips together again in a quick peck.

They stayed in the rain for a while, dancing and enjoying the presence of each other, occasionally kissing and thankfully in bliss of the riot that was about to happen at the castle.

♛♔♛

NoRenMin finally getting somewhere?? Wow.

PS, it's not a real riot. It's just Hyuck.