𝟛𝟙

Chenle was lost. It probably wasn't the best idea that he's ever had to challenge Jisung to a race to see who could find the fastest shortcut back to the group because they'd stayed behind to eat blackberries. But Chenle was terrible with directions, and now, he was lost. So now, he was wandering the woods with his horse Dollie's reigns in his hand and hoping that he wasn't going to die. He finally had found something to live for.

His eyes brightened when he saw a cabin, albeit pretty overrun with plants. He ventured up to the door, hoping and praying someone scary wasn't inside. He knocked, then hid behind Dollie, who looked at him confused.

To his relief, a boy who looked about his age opened the door. "Hello?" He asked in light Lelense, and Chenle brightened even further.

"Hello!" Chenle beamed, and the boy smiled at him.

"Are you lost?" He asked softly, and Chenle nodded vigorously. "Well, it's easy to get lost here. Come in and rest for a minute?"

"I kinda need to get back," Chenle said sheepishly, and the boy tilted his head.

"You'll be back in time. No worries."

"How do you know?" Chenle asked, now curious about the boy.

"The trees told me." The boy said, walking out with his soft green robes billowing. "May I?" He gestured at Dollie, and Chenle nodded yes.

The boy pat her head softly, then smiled. "You will get back safe and on time. Also, you should unblock Jisung."

"How did you -"

"The trees talk," the boy responded, walking back into the cabin. Chenle followed, realising it was probably a bad idea to follow someone he didn't know, but now he was curious.

The cabin was cozy, and the boy was in the kitchen, stirring a stew. "Take off your shoes please," he said, and Chenle took them off quickly, looking around with wide eyes. "Would you like something to eat?"

"Yes please!" Chenle said excitedly. "Oh, I need to unblock Jisung!"

Unblock Jisung.

Chenle where are you? Jisung's voice screeched in Chenle's head, and Chenle flinched. I'm so sorry please don't be dead, please reappear.

I'm fine Sungie! I'm in a cabin with a nice boy and eating stew!

That's terrifying! Jisung screamed.

I'll be back in time. Don't worry and keep going!

The boy raised an eyebrow and smiled softly, looking at Chenle. "How are you doing Chenle?" He asked, putting down the bowl softly in front of Chenle. The smell of cream and spicy sausage floated up, and Chenle looked down to see a soup of greens, potatoes, sausage, and seasonings with cream and broth.

"I'm doing well!" Chenle beamed as the boy ladled more soup into his own bowl and sat across from him. "Wait, how do you know my name?"

"The trees," the boy replied. "I'm Lee Daehwi by the way."

"Nice to meet you!" Chenle beamed, picking up his spoon after Daehwi began to eat. "So you talk to trees?"

"You know old magic right?" Daehwi asked, and Chenle nodded. "The natural magic runs in my family blood, and I practice it. So yes, I talk to trees."

"That is so cool!" Chenle beamed. "I'm sad magic died out, it would have been so cool to be able to cast spells!"

"Well it's not so much as casting spells, just knowing stuff. Like the poisonous plants." Daehwi said, and Chenle nodded musingly. "Jisung freaked out didn't he?"