𝟚𝟡

Time stopped for Renjun as his mind ran through the possibilities. A ringing sound ran through his ears, and only later would find out that it was Donghyuck screaming in horror.

Jeno moved quickly and went to grab Jaemin, but was held back by King Yixing, who frowned. Jeno ripped his arm away and ran over to Jaemin, cradling his head. "He's burning hot!"

Renjun took a shaky breath and looked at Jaemin, who was still seizing. "We need a doctor!" Queen Yongsun shouted, and Renjun grabbed his Neo Stone for YangYang.

Yang.

Yeah Rennie?

You still remember where my old study room is right?

Of course.

Can you grab something from there and get it to me in less than five minutes?

Already on my way; what do you need?

The blood of your old rabbit Freeze.

Why do you have that? YangYang screeched in Renjun's mind, but Renjun ignored him.
If he wasn't wrong, the cure was Neo Stone, cumin, and the blood of a blue eyed rabbit. Which YangYang had happened to have up until a year ago.

Why the hell was there cumin?

"You," Renjun said, pointing at a servant. "Get me cumin." He took off his bracelet that had his Neo Stone beads on them, and took the one that connected him to his servants off.

He went over to the banquet table and grabbed a knife and a bowl, then put the square bead in there and started mercilessly stabbing the bead. "H-how can I help?" A soft voice said, and Renjun looked at his brother.

"Go meet YangYang at the door and bring me the vial." Chenle nodded and ran off, just as the bead cracked in half.

The servant brought cumin, and Renjun looked at the flakes of Neo Stone. There weren't many, but there was enough.

Since Renjun never wanted to learn how to fight, his parents had put him through school to become a healer.

Never once did he think he'd have to use it.
He added cumin, then waited as Chenle raced back over, holding the vial.

Renjun dumped the blood into the mixture, stirring it with his fingers, trying to keep down the panic attack on the fact there was blood, then shoved through to get to Jaemin, looking at Jeno.

"Pin down his arms."

Then at Jisung. "You get his legs." The two other princes complied, pinning Jaemin down, who kept thrashing. Renjun straddled him and took two of his fingers, running them across Jaemin's forehead.

That calmed him enough for Renjun to pinch his nose and open his mouth, dumping the mixture down his throat.

Jaemin stopped seizing as violently after that, and Renjun let out a shaky breath before beginning to sob.

He was vaguely aware of voices around him and a comforting hug enveloping him, but all he wanted was to make sure Jaemin was okay.

Since when had he cared this much about Jaemin?

Jeno gently pried off Renjun as the doctor gently carried Jaemin into his room. "I want to stay with him." Renjun whispered, and Jeno held him closer.

"We'll be with him soon."

"Why does my heart hurt so badly," Renjun whispered, and Jeno wanted to tell him that he was falling for Jaemin to his ears.

"It's okay Renjun. You did well." Jeno said softly, feeling Renjun start to shake again.

"I-I-I need t-the blood off m-me," Renjun managed, and Jeno nodded.

"Okay Renjun."

♛♔♛

"How did I let this happen," King Yixing said softly, and Yongsun rubbed his back gently. Seulgi was sobbing, while Hoseok rubbed her back. Jieun was with Jaemin as a healer, and Taemin looked calm. Jeno just felt out of place.

"It wasn't your fault," Taemin said. "However, do we know who did it?"

"Very few people were allowed into the kitchen. However, the princes and the King is Cidaris have been getting threats."

"Do we proceed with the coronation?" King Hoseok asked softly.

"It's dangerous to move Jaemin," Queen Jieun said, slipping in. "Renjun's with him right now."

"I knew his healing practice would be put to use," Queen Yongsun said softly.

"He cannot be moved for three days at the minimum. While Cidaris is only seven hours by horseback, he is battling the side effects. The fever will break after perhaps twelve hours, the hallucinations, slight seizures, and headache won't fade for three days after the initial poisoning. Then he's clear to ride in a carriage."

"The coronation's in five days though. We leave tomorrow." Yixing said, having regained his composure.

"Your eldest is a healer right?" Queen Jieun asked, and Yongsun nodded. "I'd suggest leaving him here with Jaemin. They'll make it in time for the coronation, but on the off chance Jaemin cannot recover, I cannot miss it as a queen."

"Understood," Yixing said, nodding. "Everyone is dismissed except Taemin. I'd like to talk to you about something."

♛♔♛

"Are you alright with that?" Yongsun asked her son, and Renjun nodded immediately. He was standing halfway out of Jaemin's door, ready to fly back to his side at any point. His mother had just finished explaining what was going to happen, and Renjun wanted nothing more than to help Jaemin.

"I'll stay." Yongsun pursed her lips, having a good idea of what was in her son's head right now.

"Renjun, it's not your fault."

"I should've known," Renjun said softly in response. "I studied this."

"No one expected it."

"We should have!"

"Renjun, there is no way you can expect everything!" Yongsun said firmly. "Life isn't about always being in control, it's about spiralling a little and coming back to the road. Things will happen, and you'll have to cope with them." She softened a little, running her fingers through Renjun's hair. "Lucky you, you have two boys who adore you to bits."

Renjun smiled a little as Jaemin groaned, and Renjun went to the side of his bed, replacing the scalding cloth with a cool one. His mother smiled, not knowing how her words would hold the truth, and mouthed that she loved Renjun. Renjun smiled back, mouthing he loved her too.

"Hendery?" Renjun asked, seeing the boy walking past.

"Yes Your Highness?"

"Bring me another bed and put it next to the one Prince Jaemin is in. I'd like to be close to my patient."

"Yes Your Highness." Renjun turned back to Jaemin as Hendery rushed off, and Renjun sighed.

"You have to get better Jaemin. I think I might think you're a decent human being now."

♛♔♛

I was going to publish this later but I have work all day tomorrow :,(

Anyways I just unpublished the other part because your compliments made me too soft to delete it :,( I have the best readers.

Which reminds me, do you want a specific name instead of "readers"? If so, what?