𝟚𝟙

"Life is a war, Hyukjae, and I dare say we just won." Renjun smiled. Jaemin knew it was really not the time, but this side of Renjun was hot.

Hyukjae let out perhaps the ugliest laugh they'd ever heard and threw his hands up. "What're you going to do, huh? Show you blackmailing me? Because all I did was discipline my child? He's only marrying you to kill you! I would be doing you a favour if you let me continue then your posh asses can sit in the thrones for a long time! He'll never love you, because how could anyone love a broken artist and an unloved businessman?"

"Hyukjae!" Boah said, seeing the way Jaemin's eyes turned hard but Renjun's welled with tears.

"I'll abdicate, sure, but when you both end up dead because you didn't let me stop Jeno then, curse me from your graves you absolute whores," The now former king snapped, and Renjun flinched, barely visible, but noticeable to Jaemin.

"Like we believe you," Renjun managed, his voice steady but hands shaking.

"You are under arrest for child abuse and neglect in the first degree. Anything you say can and will be used against you. I would say you have the right to a fair trial, but the other kings and queens along with their councils and yours decided that you will be spending life in Cidarian prison." Boah's face went white at that, and even Hyukjae looked rattled when Jaemin finished his speech. "Guards!" The Royal Guard filtered in, Boah having to be carried out in a fit of hysterics and Hyukjae giving the boys one last glare.

"Ja-"

"Renjun I'm sure it's not true." Jaemin looked over at Renjun finally, who looked close to breaking down. "I'm sure of it. Jeno's one of my best friends, he'd never do anything like that."

"He wasn't lying," Renjun said softly, sounding broken already. "There's signs when you're lying and he had none of them."

"Renjun don't jump to conclusions," Jaemin cautioned, and Renjun stood up, taking off his crown.

"I need to be alone," Renjun said as he walked out, leaving Jaemin alone in the throne room.

Jaemin excused himself as well, sinking into his bed once he was sure he was alone and grabbing his plushie, holding it tightly. He was completely sure no one would come check on him, Jisung was busy with Chenle, and who knew what his parents were doing. They only called him up when they wanted him to do something.

They really meant well, but growing Aikavia from the poverty it was only just recovering from wasn't easy. In result, it meant a lot of time away from Jaemin and Jisung.

Jaemin had taken it harder than Jisung, considering he was born before Hoseok and Seulgi were crowned the king and queen. Sure, they'd been busy, but when two year old Jaemin toddled in holding a storybook, they'd read to him.

Two year old Jaemin knew something was wrong when his parents told him not to come into the room anymore because he was distracting at times.

Instead he petulantly sat outside their door, teaching himself how to read the book. Jisung was born when he was two as well, and sometimes Jaemin would go and read to Jisung in Aikavi, stumbling over the words and kicking his legs. The nurses would coo and tell Jaemin how much he must love his little brother.

They were right, but Jaemin just didn't want his little brother to be lonely like him. He didn't think it was fair.

When Jaemin was six, he started training to become a businessman - through tutors.

It was only when Jaemin was seventeen did his parents start to get closer to him. And that was only after a series of incidents that could only be described as catastrophic were brought to a screeching halt.

Now he was eighteen, and Jisung was seventeen. Jaemin cuddled his stuffed animal tighter and curled up, crying himself to sleep.

♛♔♛

"Excuse me?" Daniel asked, and Chenle nodded seriously.

"It's proper custom when you run into visiting royalty to sing their hair colour. Why else do you think it changes so much?" Chenle asked, tugging at his own green strands. "You must change it in order to be accepted, then your praises must be sung. Why else would Donghyuck give you a nasty look?"

"Because I'm trying to make Mark see I'm better for him than that piece of crap?"

"You have ten seconds before I rip out your dick and hang it on a wall," a new voice said, and Daniel was met with a very angry Jeno, who looked like he was in pain just standing up, but still looked angry.

"I didn't mean that," Daniel laughed awkwardly as Jeno's gaze darkened.

"You mess with my brother, you mess with both Cidaris and Lelidan," Jeno said lowly, and for the first time Daniel looked over at Chenle to see a serious look on his face and a clenched fist.

"I will not hesitate to bring hell onto you and everyone you love." Jeno said, grinning widely as he said it. "Great talk Daniel! I can't wait to get to know you better!" Jeno said loudly as Mark walked by.

"Oh hey Daniel!" Mark said cheerfully, beaming. "Guess what?"

"What?" Daniel asked, seeing a light in Mark's eyes he didn't like.

"I kissed Donghyuck last night! Granted he moaned and turned so red I thought he was going to die because he claimed is was acid reflux when I teased him about it."

"Wait you did what?" Daniel asked, and Mark shrugged.

"Kissed Donghyuck. I mean, you know I've been crushing on that boy for so long. And for some weird reason he thought you liked me!" Mark laughed, making Daniel let out a few half hearted chuckles.

"Yeah, how crazy would it be for your childhood friend and companion to like you?"

"It would be crazy!" Mark grinned. "I'm going to invite him to come visit Eyaekha for about a week so he knows the palace and stuff when we move in together. It's really only fair he knows both places. You'll come back with us right Daniel?"

"Right," Daniel managed, the wheels in his head already turning.

Mark, him and Donghyuck alone.

What a shame if one of them didn't make it out of the trip alive.

♛♔♛

Haha you didn't think I'd go onto a 2 week hiatus without a cliffhanger did you?

I realised I haven't given my baby as much love as needed, so I decided that all my readers would level up and unlock Jaemin's backstory!