𝟛𝟞

To say Eyaekhya was beautiful would be an understatement. The entire kingdom was absolutely perfect, from flowering meadows to towering mountains. Donghyuck was absolutely in love with it.

"That's a Hwa flower, it's extremely rare and only blooms in Eyaekhya," Mingi said, and Donghyuck nodded, looking at the flower in his hands and writing down information in his notebook.

"It's beautiful," Donghyuck smiled, unaware of Mark's jealous glances. Mark knew Hyuck was under threat, but why did Mingi have to be so close to him all the time? He could protect his sunshine too.

Daniel chuckled, nudging Mark. "Looks like they're getting along great."

"Yeah," Mark responded, frowning.

"Like old friends." Daniel goaded, and Mark chuckled.

"Yeah like us! It's good he found a friend in Eyaekha so soon. Though I'd like to know who my sunshine needs to be protected from."

"You're not jealous or afraid he'll be stolen?"

"I mean, I am jealous. But I know he loves me, and everyone needs a friend to confide in. Like I have you! My best friend."

Daniel silently wondered how many times Mark could friendzone him in one conversation, which seemed to be a lot. The count was already at three and they hadn't been talking for a while. No matter though, he'd be out as soon as Donghyuck was out of the picture.

And he just had to cause such a big fight that Mark would be glad when Hyuck accidentally died.

"I was thinking of proposing to him officially." Mark's voice cut through Daniel's thoughts, and he blinked at the prince. "I have the rings and everything, I asked Renjun what his birthstone was and if Neo Stone works through metal - it does if it's thin, which is awesome - and my birthstone just to cover all the bases."

"Neat!" Daniel choked out, trying hard not to frown or scream that he's in love with Mark. Throwing a temper tantrum was not the best solution, but maybe murder was.

As a side note, murder is not the solution. The solution is to let go and realise they're happier without you.

Daniel didn't think that way.

"Good luck proposing." Daniel managed, and Mark smiled sheepishly.

"Thanks! I'm proposing to him after the feast tomorrow, I'm taking him out for a while."

"Sounds nice! I'm going to ride another way for a bit, just to scout the woods!"

"Okay!" Mark waved cheerfully, and Daniel rode away from the group, taking out a pair of gloves and a thick book he'd taken from the library in Lelidan.

According to the book, there was a leaf that imitated lettuce exactly, down to the taste, but it was deadly to the point it only took, at most, a minute to take effect. The poison congealed the blood, causing a heart attack. The antidote was a complex mixture that had to be brewed over five months, which meant the likelihood of anyone having it in time to save Donghyuck was slim to none.

Perfect for him to use for murder.

♛♔♛

Renjun closed his eyes, counted to ten, held his breath, and breathed out slowly. Then he opened his eyes to see the same blonde haired boy sitting there, drinking literal sludge out of a coffee cup. "Lee fucking Jeno I'm going to rip off your dick," Renjun muttered, cracking his knuckles. "Hi." Renjun said shortly, sitting across from Jaemin, who nearly spit out his sewer sludge.

"What are you doing here?"

"Jeno sent me."

"For?"