𝟛𝟛

Jeno paced nervously, touching up his ceremonial robes. Last he'd heard, Renjun and Jaemin weren't there, but the coronation had to go on anyways.

His silver prince's crown was nestled neatly in his blonde hair, which would be changed out for a silver king's crown, signifying that Jeno would no longer be the crown prince of Cidaris.

He wasn't ready. He was terrified, he was shaking, he didn't think any training, much less the training he'd been put through, could prepare him. "Calm down," someone said, and Jeno turned to see Jaemin and Renjun standing there, Jaemin holding his arms out for a hug. Jeno barrelled into his arms, shaking a little.

"You're alive."

"Thanks to my little healer," Renjun looked at Jaemin with a deadpan expression, and Jaemin winked. "What happened to the little flirt yesterday?"

"I told you, I didn't get a lot of sleep and I hadn't eaten for three days. I have no idea what I was saying." Jeno gently untangled himself from Jaemin and looked at the two of them happily, not prepared for what came out of Jaemin's mouth next.

"You said you didn't want your ass destroyed by my nice big di-"

"I don't need to hear this," Jeno said, though he was happy that they were at least getting his mind off of the upcoming ceremony.

"You're going to be living with us," Jaemin reasoned, and both Jeno and Renjun looked at him, confused. "You didn't know? We're moving here for the last three months."
"What?" Renjun shrieked, and Jaemin hushed him.

"We have to go. Good luck Nono," Jaemin grinned, and dragged a startled Renjun out of the hall as the doors opened, announcing the Crown Prince of Cidaris. He caught sight of Jaemin and Renjun slipping into the chairs designated for them, and the priest at the altar, with the dais of cold stone in front of him, displaying the ceremonial items used in the crowning of a new king.

There was so much stone in this castle. Jeno really needed to do something to make it brighter. He's already removed all the grisly paintings and tapestries, not wanting Renjun to feel unsafe by any of it.

"Lee Jeno." The priest said solemnly in Cidarish, and Jeno looked at him with cold brown eyes.

"Yes." He said, his voice deep and gravelly.

"I'm going to die," Jaemin whispered dramatically in Renjun's ear, and Renjun smacked him away lightly. "How are you not affected by that voice?"

"I have self control," Renjun hissed back before concentrating on the ceremony. Thank goodness he'd learned all four languages of the Kingdoms.

The priest talked on and on for a long while, recounting every single king of Cidaris and historical events up to that point. One of the notable things Renjun caught was the Law of Frivolity, which stated there were to be no parties, no celebrations, no laughter in public, and no smiling.

What a terrible law. Jaemin would be arrested in a few hours.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad.

Who was Renjun kidding, he'd miss Jaemin if anything ever took him away. Which wouldn't happen, not on Renjun's watch.

"With the sacred knife of the first, Hwang Minhyun, we give blood as a sacrifice for a prosperous reign!" Renjun looked away just as Jeno's hand was sliced deep, and he took the palm of his hand to touch the statue of the first king. The statue's eyes turned dark blue for a second, then turned normal. "The first king has accepting Prince Lee Jeno as his successor!" The priest crowed, and everyone clapped.

"In accordance with the First King, you will no longer be known as Prince Lee Jeno, but instead, can choose a name for yourself."

"I will remain Lee Jeno," Jeno said, and the priest nodded, dipping his fingers into the bowl on the dais.