𝟛𝟘

Jeno knocked gently on the door, hearing the soft response to come in clearly. Jeno opened it to see a tired Renjun and Jaemin laying peacefully. "You're leaving?" Renjun asked softly, and Jeno nodded.

"You'll be joining us though right?"

"In a few days. You know that though." Renjun smiled, then his face fell. "He's been having hallucinations, but I think his fever's almost gone."

"That's good." Jeno said.

"I already have the detoxes in his system, it just needs to work." Renjun sighed, looking absolutely helpless.

"What detoxes?"

"Lemon mixed with hollolli leaves, jumpa and greah mix for the seizures, and umaya root." Renjun pointed at the empty vials that had once contained something, and Jeno wrinkled his nose. No wonder it smelled like someone had thrown up; umaya root was known to do that.

"Your Highness, we need to be departing." A manservant said, and Renjun vaguely recognised him as someone who had arrived early in the morning. Yoonoh was it?

"Can I give you a hug before I go?" Jeno asked Renjun, and Renjun nodded.

Immediately he was enveloped in the scent of lemongrass and soap, and felt his heart melt into a mushy pile of goo at the warmth surrounding him.

"You need to sleep a little too," Jeno whispered into Renjun's ear, and Renjun frowned.

"No I don't. Not until he's better."

"Please?" Jeno asked, frowning. "You can't take the best care of Jaemin tired."

"I'll probably take a nap next to him," Renjun relented, sensing Jeno's pout.

"Good. Wouldn't want my baby getting sick." Renjun froze, processing what Jeno said, and Jeno froze as well. "Crap, I meant, I didn't mean, oh no."

"Your baby?" Renjun asked, raising his eyebrows. Jeno's face turned red, red, then maroon, and he gulped.

"It was a slip of the tongue!"

"Maybe I wouldn't mind that," Renjun said softly, but before Jeno could process it, he was ushered out by Yoonoh.

♛♔♛

Taemin frowned, watching Daniel closely. Yixing had kept him back to show him a video of Daniel threatening Renjun and explain how they suspected him in the poisoning of Jaemin - though it was meant for Donghyuck.

He didn't want to believe the accusation; Daniel had been apart of their family since he was three, living and growing as Mark's best friend.

As Taemin watched, Daniel moved his horse so it bumped Watermelon, Mark's horse, and immediately snaked his arm around Mark's waist, warning him not to fall.

Taemin facepalmed as his son brilliantly thanked Daniel and made no move to take his arm off his waist until a few minutes later. He didn't raise him to be that dense did he?

Apparently he did. On top of that, it was plain as day that Daniel liked Mark.

Taemin continued to watch, now picking up on all the little things. And perhaps the most incriminating, the slightest sheen of gold on his hand. Gelb Root was known to do that. He called for Mark, who had his horse fall back to be next to his father.

"Yes Dad?"

"You're bringing Donghyuck and Daniel with us when we go back after the coronation right?"

"I'd like to bring Haechan," Mark said shyly. "I mean, Daniel's a knight in our kingdom and my best friend so he's kinda best friend obliged to come back with us."