𝟚𝟘 - 𝕊𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤

Books and Boyfriend Material - DoIl

Lord Dongyoung of Eyaekha. was bored. He was bored because while the king was gone, he had nothing to do except sit on the council and make boring decision after boring decision. Like now.

"Do we start planning the wedding apparel now or in a month from now?" Dongyoung about slammed his head into the table at that, but the clearing of a throat stopped him.

"Maybe we should take a small recess instead?" It was the commoner on the council, Moon Taeil, and everyone knew no one could say no to Moon Taeil.

"Twenty minutes," the Elder Leader said, and everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, Taeil," Choi Minho said softly, walking out to stretch.

"No problem," Taeil smiled, yawning as he walked out. It was tedious being on the council, especially with the Council Elder droning on and on about the upcoming wedding. Sure, it had to be grand, but it wasn't for a while. And from what Taeil had heard about Prince Donghyuck and Prince Mark they could care less about the big party.

"Excuse me," An annoyed voice said, and Taeil jumped, moving out of the way of the taller man. He didn't even realise he was blocking the doorway and moved to apologise.

"Sorry Lord-"

"Just Dongyoung. We're on the same council right?" This earned Dongyoung a bright beam from the older man, and his heart fluttered a little.

He'd never been this close to Taeil before, and he could tell exactly how he got everyone under his finger. His eyes were bright and honest, and his smile could melt iron. "I'm Taeil."

"I know." Dongyoung said, only realising afterwards it sounded gruff. Taeil finally moved out of Dongyoung's way, and Dongyoung nodded to him. "Thanks."

"Of course!" Taeil beamed, looking at the book Dongyoung was clutching. "What's that?"

"Oh, it's a book by Kim Chanmi. Have you heard of her?"

"I have, but I've never read any of her books."

"They're amazing. Really, they are. I can loan you one?" Taeil looked embarrassed, and Dongyoung looked at him with curious eyes.

"I uh, I can't read fluently," Taeil said softly, and Dongyoung frowned. Now that he thought of it, he'd never seen Taeil read anything, and all of the council matters were read aloud. "I can read bits but I had to stop schooling young so it just -"

"I'll teach you," Dongyoung said, smiling at Taeil widely. Taeil's heart went thump, and he returned the smile. The lord really looked like a bunny when he smiled, and Taeil could see why that was his nickname. "Would you like to start learning today? Because once we're done here I was going to go home and read a bit so I could just help you?"

"That would be - I would love y - that!" Taeil managed, cursing himself for forgetting his filter his words at a smile. How perfect. His filter was gone the day his crush decided to talk to him.

"I'll meet you here then!" Dongyoung said excitedly before bounding back into the council room, his robe fluttering a bit with the bounce in his step.

"Why is he so cute," Taeil groaned just as they called for everyone to come back in.

For the rest of the meeting, both Dongyoung and Taeil were distracted, but in a completely good way.

Finally, after two more hours, they were dismissed and Dongyoung grabbed Taeil's hand. "Come on!" Dongyoung was enthusiastic to teach Taeil about the world that could be trapped between two covers, completely ignoring his heart going whoosh and all but dragging Taeil out off the castle and into his carriage. "We could start now? Or when we get to my house? I have food too because the council is so tedious," Dongyoung looked excitedly at Taeil, and the older couldn't help but compare the younger to a bunny. Again.