Chapter 1

Clarke's POV

I awake to a stupid alarm. I already hate this new school. My mom had to move to Miami for a new job. Worlds best Nerosurgons daughter sucks. You have to move where ever duty calls!

I get out of bed and walk out into the hall over to my bathroom. Do the essentials hair, make up.  I'll brush my teeth after breakfast. I hop down stairs to the kitchen were my mom is making breakfast.

"Hey honey!  How'd you sleep? " My mom asked while reading her paper and drinking coffee.

"Accept for the part were I couldn't sleep all night I thought it was pretty good" I answer grabbing an apple and leaning my back on the counter.

She rolls her eyes. "Well that's good." she states sarcastically. "Go get dressed so I can drop you off."

I nod throwing away my apple core and running up stairs to get dressed. I choose to wear light blue jeans with a white v-neck tucked in and my usual converse.

I quickly go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and I grab all of my stuff including art supplies from my room and run back down stairs.

"Ok mom I am ready" I yell into the kitchen as I walk out the door of our house. We live a couple blocks from the city. The beach is say 5 miles away and the city is less then one. It's soooooo hot here. Seeing as it is August.

My mom comes out of the house unlocks the car and we both get in. As we are driving I start chewing my lip. It's a habit for when I'm nervous. I'm so nervous.

"You'll do great sweetheart" she says as we pull up to the school. "You always do"

"I wish I didn't have to" I mutter. "Bye mom! " I say quickly before she could say anything and I kiss her on the cheek as I get out of the car.

I start walking up to my new school. Polis. Home of the Grounders. That's a weird name to be honest. What ever. I am cut out of my thought when a tall girl steps in front of me.

"Hey! My name is Octavia. Nice to meet you!" she sticks out her hand with a grin.

"Hi. I'm uh. Clarke."

Nicely done Clarke.

"Well hello there Uh Clarke. My name is Raven" a shorter Latina girl said stepping in front of me too.

I shake both of there hands and smile.

"We will show you around the school!" the Octavia figure said as she loops her arm around mine and Raven does the same to my other arm "and...  WE WALK!" yells Raven.

"That over there is the nerds and or geeks that have nothing better to do than to study and be smarter than us all" Octavia states nodding her head over to kids sitting at a picnic table having a mad discussion.

"Those are the jocks of course you have to have those in a school." Raven said after pointing to a group of football players and cheerleaders all leaning on lockers.

"They are the anime fans aka gamers aka doesn't fit into another category. Kinda the outsiders but over all really sweet kids." Octavia says looking at a group of kids sitting on the floor playing a game of cards.

"Now for the fun part,  the band geeks!" Ravens said smiling at some friends at a picnic table walking over to them. "Hey guys this is Clarke!"

"Sup" "Yo" They all start saying with instruments or mouth pieces in there hands.

Octavia speaks up "that Bellamy my older brother he is second trumpet." she said ruffing up a tall boys dark curly hair. "Then we have Monty on Sax,  Jasper on French horn,  Mya on mallets,  Harper our tenor sax. I am first trumpet and Raven over there is visual."

"Wow. Nice to meet you all,  but I don't play an instrument. " I say hugging myself. Not too much but enough for comfort.

"Welp you have to go pick a new stereotype group." Jasper said playing with his mouth piece. Mya hits him over the head with a note book. "Ouch! WHAT!!  I was joking!"

"Thats totally fine. Raven doesn't play an instrument but she still torments us" Bellamy said smirking.

"Hey! Rude. I'm still in marching band like the rest of you geeks! " Raven retorts back. Everyone laughs. I even let out a small chuckle.

"Hey babe." I hear from behind me to see a buff guy hugging Octavia from the back.

"This is my boyfriend Lincoln. He is in the percussion unit. Big old tenors."  Octavia said kissing him on the cheek. I turn to see other percussionist I am guessing cause they all have sticks and beaded necklaces.

I see this one girl in the back of the group of people. She is patting her abdomen to a beat. She is gorgeous. Brown wavy hair,  obviously really fit I mean look at her arms. Wow. She looks up at me and I am ingolfed in a sea of green and she smirks. I am snapped out of my thoughts when I hear my name.

"Clarke!! Stop starring at Lexa and meet the drummers!!" Raven tells in my ears.

"I uh oh uh um sorry." I look down. I suck.

"Thats Murphy, Echo,  Luna,  Gustus,  Indra,  and I think you have met Lexa seeing as you were drooling at her." Raven point at each of them. Lexa smirks. And I blush.

"I wasn't!" I try to defend myself but the bell goes off and the others all leave to go to class but Raven stays with me.

"While you were drooling I managed to get you schedule out of your backpack and you are with me in calculus!"

"Okay. I wasn't drooling"I muttered as we walk to class.

Hey guys it's me the author!! Sorry if the stereotypes upsetted (not a word) you. I was just trying to be funny! I hope you enjoy my story and I love feedback! Thank you!