Chapter 14

I hear a horrible alarm go off. It's so early it hurts. I try to move to turn it off but I get stuck. There is a pair of arms wrapped around me. Lexa. I turn and she is looking at me with those beautiful eyes.

"Morning beautiful." She said then let go of me and got out of ya bed to turn off the alarm. It was so cold with out her. "Come on I have to go to practice we have a show tonight."

"Really? For halftime."

"Yup. Our show is about a war between people from space and people from the ground. This is like in 100 years of course. I am the leader of the Grounders. The Commander. It's a cool show."

I move around a little and I feel her rip the sheets off of me and throw my pants at me. "The top drawer has all my t-shirts. I'll get ready in the bathroom." At that she grabbed her clothes and left. She sure does love this sport.

I get up and open her drawer. All of her shirts were old school rock and metal shirts. I pulled out a Metallica, Spit Out the Bone or something like that shirt. I have never heard the song.

I get changed and sit on her bed. She walks back in with a Def Leopard t-shirt with black skinny jeans. The front of the shirt is tucked in and she puts on her letterman jacket.

She laughs when she sees me. "What?" I ask. She is still laughing.

"Nothing I just like your shirt choice." She answered starring at the shirt at times I think she is looking other places but I let it go and stand up. "Well let's go." She said grabbing her backpack and mine.

"Lex I can carry my own bag."

"Bet you can but not fast enough and we are almost late." She said walking outside and putting seatbelts on the backpacks so they don't fly away.

I get in the Jeep and she jumps in too chuckling. I turn my body to look at her. "Ok Lex you better tell me what is wrong with this shirt."

"Nothing its a great shirt!" With that she backed the car out of the drive way before I could put my seatbelt on.

"Lex I didn't have my seatbelt on!!" I say buckling as we get to a stop. And she does the same thing. "You didn't have yours on!! I cuddled with you!! I trusted you!" She just laughs and takes my hand as we continue to drive to the school. My tongue is caught. Her hand is so rough and has so many calluses.  But the were smooth, strong, and safe at the same time.

***

We arrive at the school and we hop out of the car and grab our bags. We make our way into the band room and I hear at Raven yell, "Nice shirt Griffin! Isnt it your girlfriends!?"

Lexa leans in and whispers "Raven got me that shirt for my birthday. She knows your wearing my shirt."

I turn and smack her on the shoulder. Everyone is laughing. The band director comes over and looks at me. He is a middle aged bald man that is holding a tight scowl. "And who might you be?" Everyone has stopped laughing. It was quit intimidating.

"My name is Clarke Sir. Um. I'm here with Lexa. She is my ride." I say. Lexa has her "no weakness face" on. He must be a big deal.

"Do you play an instrument miss Clarke?"

"N-no."

He looks at Lexa then at me. "Ok." At that he walks way saying "Everyone in sections in 10. And for you Clarke pull up a chair and sit quietly. I don't want to hear a single sound. Got it?"

"Yes sir." I say as I grab a chair and watch everyone set up. We aren't outside we are all in the band room and the drummers are playing with there instruments on stands and the winds are sitting in chairs.

"Ok everyone let's start at the top of scene two." The director said. I wonder what his name is.

***

Practice is over and Lexa comes over to me after she puts her drum away. It's huge. She is a little sweaty but over all fine. She had a solo in the middle of the show because well she is the commander.

The rest of the group walk over and Raven was the first to speak. "Ok love birds how was the night at my house?" She said winking at me.

Bellamy was standing in the back looking anywhere but at me. I answered before Lexa could say anything. "It was nice. I took the couch and Lexa took the bed."

Lexa looks at me and smirks. Everyone else is frowning. "What do you mean Clarke." She said everyone is starring at her. "We spent the night cu-" I covered her mouth.

Raven screams "YOU GUYS CUDDLED!! WHAT!!" Everyone was laughing at me blushing. Even Lexa.