Chapter 58

Lexa's POV

Aden... darkness... Aden...

I open my eyes and see Clarke right next to me sleeping with her head on my arm. I look around and see I am in a hospital bed. I then remember what happened.

"Aden..." I mutter. This wakes Clarke up. I see her pool of blue engulf me with worry.

"Lexa! Are you okay? How are your fists? Do you know what happened? What were you thinking?" I get out of the bed. I am a bit dizzy.

"Clarke... where is Aden?" I say stopping her from all of her questions. Her eyes sadden. "Clarke! Where... is... my little brother..." I ask with big breaths.

"He is still in surgery. Everyone is in the waiting room." Clarke answers and she takes my hand, leading me to the waiting room. My mom is asleep on Henry's shoulder. I see my crazy Uncle John sleeping on two of the chairs. I see my aunt reading a magazine. Luna and Raven were in the corner talking with four cups of coffee. Clarke leads me over to them. Luna jumps up and hugs me. I don't move.

"I got you coffee." She says handing me a cup. I nod and chug half of it. Clarke goes to raven and takes a cup of coffee lightly drinking it.

"Any news on him." I ask Luna.

She shakes her head no. "The doctors have been in surgery with him for 10 hours now. No one has said anything to us."

I nod. "However Uncle John is here that means that when he is awake we will have idiot entertainment." Luna says sitting down and pulling me down on the blanket that Raven and Clarke are on. I lay my head in Clarke's lap. She runs her fingers through my hair. My eyes start watering. I close them before I show this much emotion in public. I mean. I already showed a lot of emotion but... I didn't cry.

"Once Aden made me promise to never tell mom that he broke us toy dinosaur. This is when we had zero money and mom got very mad at any little thing breaking. I took the blame for him. I got grounded for breaking my brothers toy. He made me a drawing of that toy as a thank you. Then one day I threw it away without thinking. He cried for an hour." I say with my eyes watering.

Clarke brings the hand that was running through my hair down to trace my jaw line. I close my eyes. Sleep engulfs me.

I wake up to someone lightly tapping me. I open my eyes to see Clarke standing up.

"Lexa they have news about Aden." She says and I shoot up like a bullet. We walk over to the doctor. I look around and see that my Grandparents have now arrived.

I look at the doctor and see him smile at me. It wasn't a good smile. It was a smile of pity.

"Okay now that you are all here. I'm Doctor Newton and I was the doctor in surgery with Mr. Aden Woods for the past..." he looks down at his watch. "9 hours. Aden is now in a recovery room. He is just asleep right now. He had damage to his stomach were a piece of metal hit him. We is all better now. Nothing will change but he will have to stay here for a little bit to recover." I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I turn and hug Clarke. I bury my head in her neck so I could hide my face from any loose tears that fall. I smell in her sent and them move away from the hug. I walk over to the doctor and shake his hand.

"Thank you sir. Aden means the world to me and I don't know what I would do if he wasn't here." I say Doctor Newton pat me on the shoulder and smiled. He then walks off. Probably to go take a nap.

"Lexa come over here and talk to your family." My mom calls out and I put my arm around Clarke's shoulders. She puts her arm around my waist. We all sit down in a circle-ish thing. There aren't enough chairs so I just sit right in front of Clarke with my head laying back on her knees.

"So Lexi! I meet your new bestfriend here! She seems nice." My grandmother says and I feel Clarke chuckle at the nickname.

"Ya. She is the best." I say looking up at her and smiling. She leans down and plants a light kiss on my lips. My mouth goes numb at the touch.

"Is this what bestfriends do now a-days" My grandfather whispers to my mother. I laugh.

"No grandpa. Clarke is my girlfriend." I say.

"I knew it! I knew it! What did I say John! What did I say!" My Aunt says smacking my Uncles arm.

"Now Helen. I said Luna was the lesbian one. That doesn't mean I didn't think Lexa was too." Uncle John says and I burst out laughing. Luna joins in until everyone was gasping for air laughing.

"Uncle. You're not wrong." Luna says putting her arm around Raven. "I have a beautiful girlfriend too."

"Plot twist!" My Aunt says pointing her finger up.

"Clarke, Eliza, Griffin..." I jump up quickly to see who just used my baby's full name. There she was. The horrid herself.

Abigail Griffin.

"Mom!?" Clarke almost yells. "What are you doing here." Abby hugs Clarke. Clarke doesn't hug back. She looks at me with fear in her eyes. I walk over to Abby and pull her off Clarke. Clarke silently thanks me.

"I work here Clarke." Abby said ignoring me.

Clarke nods then pulls my hand over to her then hugs my arm. As to show I'm here to protect her. I am.

Abby nods. "Whats wrong why are you here?!" She said suddenly getting worried.

"Aden." I say.

She nods. "Who?"

I clench my jaw together. Before I can say something Henry was right in front of Abby.

"You need to walk away right now. Your daughter is obviously scared of you! She doesn't want you in her life. You should take the hint. And then you come over to my grieving family showing no remorse!" Henry say in her face.

"Ms. Griffin. Your daughter is in better hands then you could every have held her." I say.

Abby nods. "You will regret this Clarke." Abby says as she walks away.

Clarke lets go if my arm and I walk over to my dad.

"You... you protected Clarke." I say lightly. "Thank you... dad..." I say shaking his hand. He has tears in his eyes. He nods.

"Anytime Lexa." We stand there for a moment and then break away.

"Lexa I got us some clean cloths from your house. Lets go." Clarke says picking up a back pack and taking my hand to the bathroom.

***

We both shower, and we both make our way to the family. The grandparents have left and my Uncle was talking to Luna and Raven. Luna was leaning against the wall while sitting Indian style with Raven curled up in her lap and a blanket.

I walk over to them and sit against the wall. Clarke comes and curls up into my lap. She pulls out one of my blankets from my bed.

"Ok girls so the story about how my physics teacher electrocuted my Vice Principal!" Uncle John says with a grin. "So we were in class and my science teacher hates it when kids are late. He always says 'if you are late don't bother coming to class." So this kid who was always late was running down the hall and my teacher saw him running down the hall. And closed the door. So he took electromagnetic wires and hooked them up to the door. Now what happened was the kid decided to use the bathroom before he went into class... the Vice Principal was right behind him and the next thing we hear is ZAP! BLARGGGGG!!!! And when we looked out the door there was the vice principal with smoke coming off his hand!!" Uncle John says finishing off the story laughing. Clarke is laughing too. So is Raven. I smile at Clarke.

How did I get so lucky.

True story 100%

Also again I didn't proof read cause I don't care so if there are any mistakes just read over them.