Chapter 68

Lexa's POV

I freeze in the drive way of my home. What just happened. I can't believe this happened. Clarke... she...

I feel like collapsing. I can't show that this bothered me too much. I don't want to make a big deal out of very little. Not little just. I- I don't know what's going to happen.

I go inside and Luna is there to greet me. I move away from her, not wanting to talk to any one. No one.

I go in my room and changed into basketball shorts and a sports bra. I grabbed earbuds and my phone then made my way to the front door. Henry stands in front of me and without stopping I push him back and slam him into the door.

"If you don't get out of my way right now I will kill you!" I yell and fear flashes through his eyes. He walks out of my way. "You bring danger to this family!" I yell again and walk out the door slamming it behind me. I put my ear buds in and start running.

Clarke. No stop. Don't think about her. Think about something else.

Drums. Clarke loves when I would pat a beat on her stomach. She would laugh and giggle like a school girl. God I love her lau- NO STOP.

Try something else.

Marching band. Ya I have practice on Tuesday, maybe Clarke will come. I would love to see her eyes. Stop it!

My heart shatters thinking about that blue eyed beauty. Why can't she just! Why can't she just come back.

I have been running for five minutes aimlessly. Old school songs ring through my ears as I calm down.

"What did I do!" I whisper to myself as I turn the corner to another street. I stop running and turn to look at where I am. I am outside of Clarke's house. I look at it and mentally slap myself. I walk up to the door and was about to knock but stopped.

I lower my fist and pace back and forth. I raise my hand up to the door again and lower it again.

"This was stupid." I mutter and I turn and run back home.

***

Clarke's POV

The car ride was silent. I stare at my promise ring the whole time. At points I debate on taking it off but I can't. The words 'I Promise' are burning in my head.

She didn't do anything wrong.

"Lexa loves you... she wants to take care of you. That's why she said you were better off." We are silent for a moment and Randy continues. "Henry, erm I mean, Mr. Woods is in neck deep with dangerous things people wouldn't understand."

I nod. I think about the night that Lexa sacrificed herself for her family. A man with a gun was in her house and she ran in to save everyone without hesitation.

"Lexa is like a puppy Clarke. She is fierce. She is tough. She doesn't know how strong she really is. She is loyal beyond compare to the people she loves. Her owner could maker her do whatever she wants. She is cuddly. She is pretty adorable too. But another thing about Puppy Lexa is that she will always be there for you. Even if you hurt her." Randy says as he pulls up to my house. I grab my bag.

"Thank you for everything Randy." I say and he just nods back. I get out of the car and walk into my mothers house.

"Hey Clarke welcome back." My mother says opening her arms for a hug. I push past her and walk into my room. It's the same as when I left it.

I go and lay on my bed thinking nothing more or less then Lexa...

I pull out my phone and call Octavia. She answers right away.