Chapter 59

Clarke's POV

I am sketching while sitting on the floor of the hospital waiting room. Lexa has her head buried deep into my neck. Her arms are snakes around me tight. It's like if she doesn't hold onto me I'm going to leave her. She has on leg in between my two. She is fast asleep from the long two days of waiting for Aden to wake up from surgery. We haven't been allowed to see him. This is the first time Lexa has actually really slept in 2 days so I make sure everyone is as quiet as possible.

Lexa moves a little. I feel her breath in and out. Her soft lips touch the skin on my neck sending chills down my spin and sending heat up to my face. She move away from my neck leaving that spot to grow cold from the loss of contact. She moves her leg off of mine as she slowly wakes up. She keeps a tight hold of me.

"Good morning, babe." I say in a quiet tone. It's quite early in the morning. Everyone else in the lobby is asleep. She moves her arms off of me and stretches. It is absolutely adorable.

She puts her arms back around me and kisses my cheek. "Aren't you cuddly tonight, Lexa Woods." I say smiling.

"Pfft. Me... cuddly... never." She says with a deep raspy voice that makes my heart skip a beat and I blush. "Mm.." She says as she cuddles back into me.

"Why don't we go get some breakfast." I say while lifting her head back into the world.

"Isn't the cafeteria closed right now." Lexa said with a confused look on her face. Her nose was scrunched together making her look adorable like a puppy.

"Yes but other restaurants are open. Like little cafes and things like that." I say in between little kisses. At the end I hold her for a long kiss and feel the warmth of her lips on mine. It sends a tingling feeling through my body.

"Ok." She says as I pull away. She goes in for another kiss but stops. "What about Aden." She says looking down a hallway.

"He will be alright Lexa. I promise." I say kissing her one more time then getting up. She stands with me. I hold her hand as we go outside the hospital and start walking into the city.

***
There are lights everywhere as we look for a place to eat. Lexa and I are talking about nothing and everything. She talks about music and drums and I talk about art and places I want to visit.

"If you could go anywhere in the world, for free, where would you go?" I ask pulling her hand closer to me.

"With you." She says without any hesitation. "I'd go wherever you go. From the beaches in Hawaii to the cold of Alaska. From the deepest part of the ocean to the top of Mount Everest... I'd go with you..." She says and she looks me in the eyes. She has that hypnotized face. She looks at me like she could love me forever. I know I could love her forever.

I blush and kiss her quickly then walk into a cafe.

We order our food and sit at a booth. She is sitting across from me as I pout. "Really Lex!? I could have payed for that!"

"No"

"But-"

"No"

"I-"

"Nope. My baby is never paying for another meal for the rest of her life." Lexa says and she puts a piece of my muffin in my mouth when I open it to say something. I laugh at that gesture.

"I love you Lexa." I say after swallowing. "Or should i say ... Lexi" I say with a smirk.

"I was going to say I love you too but never mind. I don't think I like you that much." She say biting into her bagel.