Chapter 23

We arrive at Lexa's house and she runs in and grabs some clothes and bathroom materials. When she comes back she tosses the bag on my lap and I hold onto it. She gets in and we start driving.

"Thank you for doing this." I say in a quiet voice. I am fiddling with my fingers and bitting my lip. I haven't been this nervous in a while. What if she gets hurt. Mentally... or physically.

I was brought back to the real world when Lexa put her hand on mine. I start playing with her fingers and all of her rings. She had four rings. Two on each hand. On her right hand she has a metal ring with her name on it that's on her ring finger and a half silver dollar that was molded into a ring on her pointer finger. On her left hand she has a metal ring with a gold rim that has music notes all over it and the words 'Drummer Girl' on it on her middle finger. Then a piece of metal from a German war ship that crashed in World War II that has 'ME109' on it on her thumb. She loves her rings and wears them proudly.

I start massaging her hand and smile. I intertwine our fingers and look at her. She is smiling like a dork. I laugh at her goofy smile. Why is she so perfect. We turn onto my road and I start bitting my lip again. Lexa looks at me and back at the road.

"Stop that."

"Stop what?" I say.

"With the lip thing."

"Why?" Why does she want me to stop biting my lip?

"It's making me want to stare at you and never look away." She smirks and looks at me, then back at the road. "I'm driving here!" I laugh and squeeze her hand. She pull up to my house and I let go. I hand her her bag and we get out.

I open the door and hear my mom, "hey honey how what the beach?"

"Uh- i-it was o-Kay." I say stuttering.

"You okay hun why are you stutterin-" she cuts off when she comes to the hall and sees Lexa. "Clarke what is she doing here?" My mother says getting serious.

"Mom she is uh...." I start getting scared and I feel Lexa's hand on my lower back telling me she is here for me. I clear my throat. "She is spending the night." I say with a nod. My mom just stands there eyeing her.

"No." She says.

"Mom! Lexa is a great person just have dinner and get to know her! Then you will understand!" I say challenging my mom.

She frowns and looks at Lexa with a cold stare. Lexa just smiles. "Fine." Then she walks off into the kitchen. I grab Lexa's hand and lead her to my room quickly.

I close my door and let out a deep breath. I turn my back to Lexa and she puts her bag down then stands behind me and massages my back. She whispers in my ear. "If at anytime this gets too hard and you want me to leave, I will." I turn and hug her.

"What ever you do. Try your hardest to stay. If she insults you and you want to leave that's okay too." I say in her neck.

"Clarke look at me. It takes a lot to hurt me. She will have to figure out we're my weaknesses are. And that's not easy to do." She smiles and my mom yells "DINNER TIME COME HERE!"

We get in the dinning room and take our seats around the circle table. "So Lexa? How long have you lived here?" Here come the questions.

"Well, I moved here during the 3rd grade so 8 years." Lexa says diving into her food.

"Mkay. I heard you are a part of the marching band. What do you play?" My mother says just staring at her.

Lexa swallows her food first then speaks. "I play on the drum line. I play the marching tenor quads."

"As a girl shouldn't you have less talent then the boys." I stare at my mom then Lexa who just has a straight face.

"It's should mean I have less talent but I work hard to be my best Ms. Griffin. I practice harder, I work on my strength harder then the boys, I work on my grades harder and I work on my friendships harder. I work really hard everyday to be where I am. I'm proud of myself." Lexa says back taking a sip of water and continuing eating.

"Have you ever been in love Lexa?" I mom says putting her fork down. Lexa almost chokes on her food.

"Mom!" I protest.

"Quiet Clarke." My mom commands.

"I- well yes I have. They were amazing to me but then... I caught them cheating on me and ended it right there. They moved away and I never really thought of them until today." Lexa answers.

"So. You forgot about them." My mom snots back.

"No. No I probably will never forget them."

"So you aren't over them or should I say her." My mom says raising an eye brow.

"Oh no! I am definitely over her. I am just saying I'll never forget how weak I was in that moment and that I let myself fall for someone that was using me. I'll never forget that."

My mom is silent for a minute. "Do you have your eyes on anyone certainly?" My mom ask in a threatening tone.

"No. I don't want to be weak again. I never thought I would get over the pain of her but I did." Lexa answers.

"How" my mother asked intrigued.

"By recognizing it for what it was... weakness."

Now I cut in. She can't be saying that love is weakness. "What is? Love?"

Lexa just nods her head as my mother dives into more questions.

Hey guys sorry for the late update!! I have been out of the state on vacation!! Also i wanted to say thank you for keeping the Clexa love strong after Bob and Eliza got married!! Even tho I am not a huge fan of Bellamy, I am super happy for those two!! Also Eliza's dress was beautiful!!! Anyhoo, thank you for reading! Please vote and comment thank you!!