Chapter 1

Josh parked his car after he arrived at the ball park and he then got out of it and opened the back seat door abd his seven year old daughter Adeline came hoping out he went to the trunk amd got out her equipment. Adeline started to look around and started to get nervous because this will be her first ever softball practice Josh looked at her and then she looked at him. He noticed something was wrong he then said "are you okay Addy?" That's one of his nicknames for her she then said "I'm so nervous daddy". A few tears filled her eyes Josh sighed and then he went over to her abd bent down to her he then said "i know you are baby.. But your going to do just fine i know it's new but you'll learn i promise.. Do i ever let a promise down to you?" He poked her belly gently after he said that and Adeline giggled and said "no" Josh smiled and then he said to her "you got this little slugger". She smiled and then Josh said "lets head to the field" he then got up and locked his car then they started to wall to the field as Adelibe grabbed his hand holding it Josh smiled when she did. There is no doubt that she is a daddy's girl once they got to the field and before Adeline headed on to the field Josh bent down. He said to her "have fun Addy don't stress about your first ever practice okay your coach will help you.. I'll be watching you in the bleachers okay". Adeline then said "okay daddy" Josh smiled and said "that's my little girl" he then kissed her on the fore head and she giggled then Josh said "here is your equipment go get them tiger". Adeline smiled and got them and went to the dug out to get ready Josh smiled Adeline can have low self-esteem some times but she can also be very bright. Then Josh went to the bleachers and sat down on them and Adeline got her glove and she went out on the field and two coaches came on the field and a women about his age. Came on also and then the guy said "okay girls listen up.. This is your coach Maxie.. Maxie take it a way" Maxie smiled.

She then said "hey girls I'm coach Maxie as Mr. Roberts said.. I used to play softball I've played from tee-ball to playing in college at the University of Georgia and now I'm here to coach.. Okay now i want you to come one at a time and tell me your name and what position you played last season". Then they started to come one at a time Adeline started to get nervous and she looked over at Josh so she knows that he is there watching. Josh looked at her and he smiled then Adeline went over to Maxie and Maxie looked at her Adeline was a bit smaller than the other girls then Maxie said "what's your name sweetie?". Adeline then said very shyl "Adeline Donaldson" Maxie then asked "what position did you play last season?" Adeline then said nervously "this is my first season". Maxie smiled and said "oh okay Adeline it's nice to meet you hang on right here" Adeline stayed there and Maxie said "I'm guessing y'all know each other". The girls said "yes" but then one of them said "well except for her" she pointed at Adeline" then Maxie said "i will like you to meet Adeline Donaldson she is new this year so while i woke with her y'all will work on throwing and fielding okay". One of the girls giggled and then she said "but isn't she to small?" Adeline shut down and then Maxie said "Juli! No making fun of any one you have to run two laps for that now here are the rules of being on my team.. One There is no making fun of any one two there is no fighting three be nice to each other four if you get caught talking behind some ones back.. If you break any of theses rules then you'll have to run laps got it?". Then they all said "yes ma'am" then her pther two assistant coachs gatherd the other girls while Maxie took Adeline in to there own spot and then she asked her "do you have a position you possibly want to try and play at?". Adeline then said shyly "i.. Want to play at third base.. Just like my daddy" Maxie was confused a little and then she asked "if you don't mind who is your daddy?". Adeline smiled and said proudly "my daddy is Josh Donaldson.. He plays for the Atlanta Braves now as a third baseman" Maxie smiled as she saw that Adeline was proud i mean why shouldn't she be? He's one of the best players in baseball. Maxie then said "well let's get started then I'm going to roll you some ground balls and once you field it i want you to throw it to me okay Adeline" Adeline then said "okay" Maxie got her glove. She then got a softball and she rolled it to Adeline and she field it and then throw it to Maxie and Maxie caught it she smiled.