Chapter 31

Josh woke up to the sun shining in his eyes he sighed and opened his eyes and adjusted them to the light he then looked over at Maxie's side of the bed and she wasn't there. So he sat up in the bed and streached a little bit and got off of the bed finding a new shirt and a new shorts he got dressed and then walked out of the bed room and down the hallway. He stopped by Adeline's room first but she wasn't in there so she must be up too so he then walked in to the living room and in to the kitchen and he smiled when he saw Maxie in the kitchen cleaning up a bit. So he then walked in and walked up behind her and he then put his arms around her from behind and he said "hey beautiful". He then kissed her sweetly on the neck and she smiled when he did and then she carefully turned around in his arms and put her arms around his neck. He smiled and then she said "well good morning to you too sleepy head". He smiled and then Maxie gave him a sweet kiss on his lips and he smiled in to the kiss and kissed her back then they pulled out of the kiss and Josh looked around for Adeline but she wasn't any where to be seen. He then looked at Maxie and he said "baby where is Adeline? She wasn't in her bed room and i didn't see her in the living room or in here". Maxie then said "she is in the back yard with Tucker playing and visiting Coco's grave" Josh then said "oh okay.. Well i will go check on her" Maxie smiled and said "okay and i will get started cooking some breakfast". Josh smiled and then he walked out of the kitchen and Josh walked to the back door and walked out of the house closing the back door behind him. He then looked and smiled as he saw Adeline sitting with Tucker looking at Coco's grave he then walked over to her and he then sat down next to her and smiled. He then put his arm around her and then kissed her on the top of her head sweetly Adeline smiled and she then looked at him and said "good morning daddy".

He smiled and said "good morning pumpkin.. I'm wondring why your out here?" Adeline smiled and said "i was showing Tucker Coco's grave and talking to him about her". Josh smiled and said "oh really?" Adeline smiled and shook her head yes he smiled and then looked at Tucker and Tucker looked at him and wagged his tail happily barking. Adeline looked and she giggled and said "he really likes you daddy" Tucker licked Josh and he chuckled and said "i can tell baby girl" she smiled and then Josh said "let's go inside because mommy is cooking some breakfast". Adeline smiled and then she said "okay" then they got up from the ground and headed in to the house Adeline smelled and she smiled and ran in to the kitchen with Tucker running behind her. Josh chuckled and then Adelinr said as she went over to Maxie "it smells good mommy what are you cooking?" Maxie looked at her and she smiled and said "well I'm cooking some blue barry pancakes with some bacon and sausage". Adeline smiled and said "oh that sounds so good" Maxie smiled and said "well I'm glad it does sweetie" then they heard "hey Addy can you please come over here i need to talk to you in private for a moment". Both Maxie and Adeline looked at him and Maxie raised her eyebrow and then Adeline said "okay" then Adeline went over to him and they went in to the living room. Josh then bent down and he whispered to her "after we eat breakfast do you want to come with me to pick out a ring for Maxie?" Adeline looked confusingly at him and said "what does that mean?". Josh sighed happily and he said "i want to ask Maxie to marry me today" Adeline jumped up and down in excitement and she said "really?!". Josh chuckled and said "shh be a bit more quiet we don't want her to know.. So do you?". Adelinr smiled and shook her head yes Josh smiled and said "okay but don't blow it, it's a Suprise". Adeline smiled and said "okay" Josh smiled and then he got up and went in to the kitchen with Adeline and brealfast is ready so they got there plates of food and sat down at the table. Josh then said "so the Braves have family day pictures for the players on the team..".

"I think we should definitely go because i haven't been to free to have a family picture the past few years.. How does that sound?". Adeline smiled and said did Maxie and Adeline said "yeah so mommy can be in it because she deserves it". Josh smiled and Maxie looked at Adeline and it melted her heart and a few tears filled her eyes and she then said "thanks Adeline but.. I think it should be you and your daddy". Josh then said "no Maxie it's okay i will love you to be in them" Maxie looked at him and smiled and she said "okay i will be in them". Josh smiled and then after breakfast Adeline got dressed and so did Josh and Maxie but first Josh told her him and Adeline need to pick up something and she had to stay but she didn't complain because she wanted to clean the house so she did. When Adeline and Josh arrived to the jewelry store they got out and they walked in and started to look around Adeline found one and she said "daddy come over here i think she would like this one". Josh came over and he looked at it and he smiled and said "i think she would too baby good job". Then he went to get an employee to get the ring for them and he then bought it and they walked out of the store and then they got in the car and Adeline asked "when are you going to ask her?". Josh smiled and said "well at SunTrust park in the club house all of the guys already know that I'm going to ask her so they did some decoration so what i want you to do when the time comes is to stay with uncle Freddie and aunt chelsea okay". Adeline smiled and said "i hope she says yes" Josh smiled and said "i know honey i do too" they went back to the house to pick up Maxie. They are all in there Josh Donaldson jerseys so they then headed to SunTrust park once the got there they walked down to the club house and Josh said "but before we go on the field i have to show Maxie something so Adeline go find Freddie and Chelsea okay" Adeline smiled and said "okay daddy" she then ran off.

There is no doubt that Maxie is confuse she then said "Josh what do you need to show me?" Josh looked at her and he smiled and said "you'll see". Maxie raised an eyebrow and he chuckled at her and he said "don't worry baby girl it's nothing bad" then Josh opened the club house door and they walked in and Maxie gasped as there was candles and it was dim but beautiful and has rose peddles on the floor she smiled. She then said "Josh it's beautiful but.." She then turned around and she saw Josh down on one knee and she then said "Josh what are doing?". Josh smiled and then he said "Maxie i know we have only dated for about almost four months now but i have been thinking long and hard about this and i think i am ready now.. When i first met you i thought i wasn't good enough for you but then with a little help decided to ask you out and i did.. I fell so deeply in love with you for who you are and you love Adeline and didn't make me choose between you and her and i am so greatful for that.. I never been this happy since the birth of my little girl you love her like she is your own.. She need someone like you in her life and i need you in my life also.. I want to grow old with you and let you see Adeline grow up with me.. I lobe you more than anything in the world.. So Maxie Jones will you do the honor of becoming my wife and Adeline's mother?.. Will you marry me?". He took the ring box and opened it up Maxie covered her mouth with tears in her eyes she then said "yes.. Yes" Josh smiled and got up and Maxie hugged him and he hugged her back. Then they pulled out of the hug and Maxie kissed him on the lips and he kissed her back and then they pulled out of the hug and then Josh took the ring out. He then took the ring and put it on her ring finger she smiled and said "i love you" Josh smiled and said "i love you too baby girl". Then Adeline came running in to the club house and then she hugged Maxie and cried.

Maxie hugged her back and Josh smiled and Adeline said through her tears "your going to be my real mommy now". Maxie smiled with a few tears in her eyes and she said "yes i know Adeline" Josh then hugged them both and he kissed them both gently and sweetly on the top of there heads. Then they pulled out of the hug and then Josh said "are you ready to get some family pictures done?" Maxie smiled and said "i have never been so ready". Josh smiled and then Josh, Maxie and Adeline went down to the field that is were the pictures get done Adeline looked at Maxie and Josh and she smiled and then they started to get there pictures done. Josh smiled as he let the girls take a few pictures togather without Josh in them and then they all sat down with the back of the jerseys facing the camera and the camera man took the picture and then after all the picutres was taken so then they went back up to the car and got all in. Josh looked over at Adeline and then at Maxie and he smiled and said "do y'all want to watch a movie tonight and have some pizza for dinner?". Adeline then said "yes please" excitingly both Josh and Maxie chuckled and Josh said "okay sweetie" then soon they got home and Adeline fed Tucker and took him outside as Josh ordered the pizza and Adeline also picked out the movie. Soin the pizza arrived and then Josh got plates and cup with drinks and then he sat down with Adeline and Maxie. He then put on the movie and made sure it was strating they started tp eat as the movie played on the tv after the girls was done eating then cuddled up to Josh and Maxie put her head on his chest. As Adelinr has her head on Josh's ribs he smiled when he felt them and a few minutes later Josh heard soft snoring. So he then looked down and smiled as he saw both Adeline and Maxie sleeping peacefully snuggled up agianst him. He then sighed in happiness as he put his head back smiling and he whispered "i have my two beautiful girls next to me". He knows he is so blessed to have them with him in his life and his heart.

It will always be filled with a lot of love and happiness from now on since he will get married to Maxie he knows there weddding will be in the off season. So he has time and so does Maxie to plan there own wedding and soon he also fell a sleep on the couch.

A/N: here is an update for y'all 😁 here is the ring that Adeline and Josh picked out

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Anyway i hope y'all enjoyed ❤