Chapter 3

Skip to Adelines first game!

Adeline woke up and she smiled and got up from her bed excitingly as it is her game today and she gets to see Josh today and she can't also wait to see Maxie either as Maxie said she has a suprise for her. Adeline went to her dresser and took her jersey and put it on quickly but correctly she tucked her jersey in and looked at her self in the mirror and smiled. She then heard Lisa "Adeline are you up honey? We have to get going to the field" Adeline smiled and she then said as she ran out her door. "Yes i am Grandma Lisa I'm ready to go" she ran in to the living room excitingly Lisa chuckled and said "slow down there sweetie we don't want to lose to much energy before the game". Adeline then said "I'm sorry.. I'm just so excited for my game and to see daddy" Lisa then said "i know honey.. I have a little snack for you because i know you don't really eat breakfast.. Let's get going". Adeline then said "okay.." She then looked at Coco and she said "wish me luck Coco" Coco looked at her and barked. Then Lisa smiled and her and Adeline went out of the house and went to her car and got in and shortly headed to the field soon they arrived and Adeline got her equipment and header to the field with Lisa after she locked the car. Adeline was one of the first girls there so she had a few minutes to wait for Maxie and the other girls she looked around and smiled as there was other games going on it's like a mini opening day for baseball and softball at the park. She loved the look of it and how it sounded she then heard "hey Addy" she turned around and there wad Josh sh smiled. She ran over to him and said excitingly "daddy!.." Josh smiled and picked her up and hugged her as she hugged him around his neck and Adeline said "you made it". Josh smiled and said "of course i did baby i wouldn't miss your first game for the whole world". Adeline smiled and hugged him around his neck and Josh smiled and kissed her on the temple sweetly ad he held her and hugged her back.

Then he said "guess who's also here Addy" Adeline then pulled out of the hug and said "who?" Josh then put her down and said "uncle Freddie and aunt Chelsea is here with Charlie". Adeline smiled and she saw Freddie Freeman and his wife with Charlie they might not be blood related but they are like family. She then said "uncle Freddie" she hugged him and he hugged her back and said "hey little squirt" she then hugged Chelsea and she said "hey sweetie I'm so happy to see you". Charlie then said "Addy!" Then they hugged Charlie is three years old now and then Adeline hugged Charlie and he hugged her back and Freddie said "Charlie is so excited to see you play your first game Adeline". Adeline smiled and said "i am too i can't wait" she then heard "hey Adeline" she turned around and there was Maxie and she smiled and said "hey coach Maxie". Maxie then said "guess what your suprise is" Adeline then said"what?" Maxie smiled and said "you asked for some eye black with glitter right?.. So i got some.for you and the whole team and you are also going to play third base today". Adeline squealed and said "okay" Maxie chuckled and so did Josh she looked at him and smiled and he did too he can't lie she is beautiful then Maxie said "here let me help you put your eye black on". Adeline smiled and said "okay" then she followed Maxie to get her eye black on Freddie looked at Josh and he smirked and elbowed Josh gently and he said "i saw you looking at her". Josh then shot him a glare and then he said "you better not do what I'm thinking your going to do" Freddie shrugged his shoulders. Then Josh said "look I'm not looking for a relationship right now" Freddie know's that Josh is lying and then he said "oh come on bud i mean look at her.. She is so good with Adeline and Adeline is smiling she is so happy look". Josh looked and Freddie wasn't wrong Adeline has been smiling the smile he knew she was happy she hasn't smiled like that in two years it warmed his heart. He sighed and then Freddie said "i say at least get to know Maxie and i don't know take her out on a date..".

"I know that all you want is for Adeline to be happy" Josh smiled a little and he said "and that i do.. I'll try but i am not going to promise that it'll go well". Freddie then said "that's the spirit Josh" Josh rolled his eyes playfully and chuckled Maxie said to Adeline "close your eyes so i won't get any glitter in your eyes". Adeline then said "okay" shw then closed her eyes and Maxie put the glitter on the eye black and soon she was done and Maxie smiled and said "there we go.. Go head to the dug out okay". She smiled and said "okay" then she left and Maxie closed the glitter Josh walked ovee to Maxie and he cleared his throat and said "hey Maxie" Maxie looked at him and she smiled and said "hey Josh". Josh then said "i want to thank you for Adeline to explain what had happen that day she and a team mate got in to a fight". Maxie smiled and said "no problem.. I didn't belive what her team mate said what happened because i knew Adeline would have not done it because she is a very sweet little girl". Josh smiled and said "yeah she is.. Hey listen i wanted to know if um.. Do you want to go get lunch after the game with me and Adeline would it be okay with you?". Maxie smiled and said "i would love to thanks for the offer" Josh then said "no problem" Adeline is in the dug out getting on her cleats when she heard "hey Adeline". She looked and there was Lexi a girl who has been laughing at her with the others Adeline started to shut down. Theb Lexi said "please don't be scared of me.. I just want to say I'm sorry that i have been a bad person to you.. When i saw Jessie fight you and made you looo like a cry baby made me relize that you don't have any friends on the team and i feel so bad.. So I'm asking for an apology.. Do you forgive me i want to be friends with you". Adeline looked at her and she knew that she ment it she then said "i except it.. Thank you so much" she then hugged Lexi and Lexi hugged her back and they both smiled.