Chapter 4

Adeline woke up and she looked around and noticed that her and lexi went a sleep on the floor she then giggled as Coco started to lick Lexi on her face and Lexi said "five more minutes mommy". Adeline then sat up and she said "silly Lexi it's not your mom it's Coco" Lexi looked at her and she started to laugh and sat up and she said "hey Coco" Adeline giggled and then they both started to pet her and Coco wagged her tail. She started to lick them Josh walked down the hall way and he smiled as he heard the girls giggling so then he opened the door gently and knocked on the door as he did. He then looked and smiled and said "what's funny girls" they looked at him and Adeline then said as she started to giggle "Coco was licking Lexi while she was a sleep.. And she said five more minutes mommy but it was Coco". Josh chuckled and then he said "are y'all hungry guys? Do you want me to make us some pancakes and some bacon with eggs?". Adeline then looked at Lexi and she said "do you?" Lexi smiled and said "yes please" Adeline then said "yes daddy we would like some". Josh smiled and said "okay.. Why don't y'all get some clothes on because guess what" Lexi and Adeline then said "what?" Excitingly. Josh smiled and said "I'm going to take y'all to the water park and don't worry Lexi, Adeline should have an extra bathing suit for you" Adeline and Lexi got up and jumped up and down in excitement. Then Adeline ran over to him and she hugged him around his legs and she said "thank you so much daddy". Josh smiled and said as he hugged her back "your welcome baby.. You have been asking me for a long time to go and one thing coach Maxie is coming also". Adeline then pulled out of the hug and said "so you dooo like coach Maxie" Josh sighed and then he said "okay yes i do so what?". Adeline and Lexi then started to jump up and down and say "he has a crush on coach Maxie.. He has a crush on coach Maxie!". Josh chuckled and then said "okay enough.. Get dressed and i will make us some breakfast okay" then they both said "okay!".

Then he left and Adeline and Lexi started to get dressed Josh went in to the kitchen and started to cook breakfast the truth is last night he and Maxie started ro text to each other and they actually faced time each other and they got to know each other better. He has started to fall for her but she's married right? Who wouldn't want to marry an incredible women like her? But she can't be married because she wouldn't talk to a guy like him she was a little bit flirty with him that's for sure he pushed that in the back of his mind. As he heard Adeline coming in saying "daddy! Have you seen my flip flops?" He looked at her and he smiled and then said "yes i have.. They are in the front closet with are other pool stuff". Adeline then said "okay she then ran to go get them and Josh chuckled he loves being a father to the most sweetest little girl in the world. Then an hour later the girls and Josh ate after the food was finished and Josh said "okay girls.. Lets get all loaded up and pick up Coach Maxie". They smiled and said "okay!" Excitingly Josh got the bag with lunches and water and he grabbed his keys and they headed out and got in to his car and headed to go get Maxie. Soon they arrived and Maxie came out and she came to the car she opened the door and Josh smiled and said "hey" Maxie looked at him and said "hey Josh.." She then looked back and she smiled and said "hey girls" Adeline and Lexi smiled and said "hi coach Maxie". Maxie smiled and then buckled her self up and Josh then backed out of the drive way and started to drive towards the water park which it is at Six Flags White Water. Josh heard Adeline say "daddy this somg has a lot of bad words in it!" Josh then said "oh sorry pumpkin" he changed the station to the local country music station. Maxie chuckled as he did and then soon they arrived and they got out and Adeline and Lexi was so excited Josh and Maxie laughed and Josh said "wait up girls i know y'all are excited". Maxie smiled and said "bless there hearts they can't wait" Josh smiled and said "yeah".

Then they got in line and Josh got the tickets out and showed them to the attendent and he let them in and once they got in Adeline and Lexi started to go over to the rides but Josh then said "wait girls lets put some sun screen on you don't want to get burned". Adeline and Lexi then stoped and waited for Josh and Maxie Josh put the bag down and got out the sun screen and got some out and started to put sun screen on Adeline as Maxie put it on to Lexi. Then Josh said to them "wait until i or Maxie goes with you okay" then they both said "yes sir" Josh smiled and then both Maxie and Josh put on there own sun screen and they headed over to the rides after they put there stuff in a locker. Josh said to Adeline "come over here Addy so we can check your height" Adeline went over to him and he cheked her height and he smiled and said "you are just tall enough". Adeline smiled and then she took his hand excitingly and started to pull him up the stairs and Josh chuckled and said "slow down there tiger i don't want us to trip and fall". Adeline giggled and slowed down and as they reached the top Maxie and Lexi already went down the water slide Adeline saw how high they were and she said as she looked at Josh. "Daddy I'm a bit scared to go on" Josh looked at her and then he said "it's going to be okay sweet heart I'll go first and then you can go.. I will be waiting down at the bottom for you i promise". Adeline then said "okay" Josh smiled and said "that's my girl.. Listen to the life guard right there for directions after i go down okay". Adeline smiled and said "okay" then Josh went down and waited for Adeline down at the bottom Adeline looked at the life guard and she smiled and told her "i want you to cross your arms and legs okay and keep your head layed back okay.. You got this honey". Adeline then got on the slide and did what she was told to do and then she went sliding down and when she got to the bottom she splashed in to the water. Josh smiled and said as he pulled her in to a hug "you did it Addy.. Was it fun?" She started to giggle and she said "yes it was.. I want to do another one by my self like a big girl i am". Josh chuckled and said "okay" they then got out of the water and they went to another water slide and Adeline went up with Lexi. Josh got in to the water and watied for them down below and first Lexi came down and then Adeline came down Josh smiled and then Adeline said "Lexi do you want to play with me and my daddy in the pool?".

Lexi smiled and said "yes i do" Adeline looked at Josh and he smiled and said "okay then lets go" Adeline, Josh, Maxie and Lexi went over to were the pool was with the lazy river beside it and then there was the wave pool. They went in to the regular pool Maxir decided to stay out and relax on the beach chairs that were over to the side so she can watch them. Maxie looked at Josh and she hasn't seen a more perfect man in her life with his shirt off but she loves his personality the most for who he is. She knows she is starting to fall in love with him but she was scared could he be the same guy her ex was? But he is not like her ex i mean look at him with Lexi and Adeline. He is so gental with them and she knows he and Adeline has a strong bond her last relationship wasn't good but she doesn't like to talk about it. She sighed and then she smiled as she saw Josh chasing after Adeline and Lexi in the water he is so great with kids no doubt about it. Josh already caught Lexi and now he got to Adeline and he said "i got you" as he started to tickle Adeline. Adeline started to giggle un controlling and Josh chuckled then he stoped and Adeline climbed on to him and she said "I'm on top now daddy" he chuckled anf said "yes you are". After a fun day at the water park Josh dropped Lexi off at her house and Josh started to head to Maxie's house to drop her off. Maxie looked in to the rear view mirror and she smiled as she saw Adeline was fast a sleep in the back seat of the car and then she whispered to Josh "well some one was tired out from today". Josh looked at the mirror and smiled as he saw Adeline was a sleep in the back seat and then Josh whispered back to her "yeah.. She has been asking me to go to the water park for a long time and now i did it.. You know.. It is hard that i can't do things right a way with her because of my baseball schedule..".

"Sometimes i fear that i might break a promies to her.. I know I'm trying everything i can to make her happy and some times i cant.. I know I'm crazy for saying this but she deserves someone more better than me because she is such a sweet little girl". Maxie looked at him and with out even thinking she put her hand on his arm and she whispered "Josh Adeline loves you and i know why.. Your a fantastic father to her i know it's tough but she loves you". Josh pulled in to her drive way and he parked and looked at Maxie and he smiled and whispered "thanks that means so much to me". Maxie looked at him and she smiled and whispered back "no problem Josh.. I had fun thanks for taking me.. See you later" Josh smiled and said "no problem Maxie.. Wait tommorow night do you want to you know.. Go on a date?". Maxie smiled and then She said "i would love too" they said there good byes and Josh headed home and it was dark out when he arrived home. Josh got out and picked up Adeline and went in to the house and went to her bed room and tucked her in and kissed her good night and soon he went to bed.

A/n an update for y'all!