Chapter 21

Adeline woke up to the sun shining in her face she then whined in to her pillow and she sat up in her bed she then looked around and sighed she got up and opened her bed room door and walked out closing the door behind her. She then walked in to the living room and she saw Maxie and Josh walking in to the kitchen she then walked in to the kitchen and Maxie saw her and she smiled a little. Then Josh looked at her and he smiled a little and said "hey honey.. How are you feeling?" Adeline then walked over to him and she said tearfully "i already miss Coco". She started to cry and hugged Josh around his waist Josh sighed and he said as he hugged her back "i know baby.. I know.. You can still go out to her grave when ever you want and talk to her.. No one is stopping you.. You know that". Adeline then said "i know daddy.. Can i go out there now?" Josh then said "yes of course baby girl.. Go out there for how long you want to and we will make you so breakfast okay.. Are you hungry?". Adeline then said "i am not sure" Josh then said "okay baby girl.. I won't cook anything until when your sure" Adeline then said "okay" then Adeline walked out of the kitchen and she went to the back yard were Coco's grave is. Josh sighed and Maxie went over to him and put her hand on his shoulder Josh then said "i wish that i could make everything right again for her.. But i know it's really to soon to start looking for a new puppy.. I just want my little girl to be happy but i know it will take time". Maxie then said "i know babe it's hard to see her like this.. But soon she'll be back to her old self" Josh then said "your right" Maxie smiled then Maxie said "do you want something to eat before you go to Suntrust park babe?". Josh looked at her and he said "no thanks baby girl i already ate.. I am going to ask Adeline if she wants to come with me and sit with Chelsea and Charlie". Maxie then smiled and said "okay i think that's like a good idea i doubt she wants".

"To sit around in a doctors office doing nothing" Josh then said "yeah true" he then got up and he walked out of the kitchen and down the hall way to go out side to see Adeline. Once he got outside he went over to Adeline and bent down as he heard her sniffling then he put his hand on her back and started to rub her back to comfort her. Adeline then looked at him and then she hugged him around his torso and she said as she sniffled "daddy can you promise me something?". He looked at her and he said "yes of course" Adeline then said "please promise me that you won't die any time soon" Josh looked down at her. He then said as he kissed her on the top of her head "i promise Addy i won't be leaving you in a long, long time". Adeline then said "i love you daddy" Josh smiled a little and he said "i love you too pumpkin.. Do you want to come with me or go with mommy today?" Adeline then said "i want to go with you daddy". Josh then said "okay baby.. Why don't you go get dressed and we can leave right after your ready okay" Adeline looked at him and said "okay". Then Josh and Adeline went back in side and Adeline went to her bed room and started to get dressed for the day Josh walked in to the living room where Maxie was and he said "Adeline wants to come with me.. Poor thing keeps on thinking that she's going to lose me". Maxie looked at him and she smiled a little and said "she adores you Josh she is a daddy's girl and she loves you.. It's scary to her see that gun pointed at you and what could have happened if Coco wouldn't safe you like that.. We could have both lost you and we both hate that feeling.. Because we both love you so much". Josh smiled and then he kissed her on the lips passionately and he said "i love you and Adeline so much too" then in a few minutes Adeline came out of her bed room and walked in to the living room. Josh looked at her and he smiled and said "hey pumpkin are you ready to go?" She smiled and said "yes i am daddy" (Adeline's outfit).

 Josh looked at her and he smiled and said "hey pumpkin are you ready to go?" She smiled and said "yes i am daddy" (Adeline's outfit)