Chapter 26

Josh woke up to the sun shining in his eyes he sighed and looked over at Adeline's bed and he smiled as he saw that Adeline is fully dressed for her second game today. Then ht sat up and brought his legs off of the side of the bed wincing in pain a little Adeline then looked at him and she then got up from her bed and she whispered "are you okay daddy?". He looked at her and smiled then he said "yes i am baby just my ankel is in a little bit of pain.. It looks like your ready for todays game". Adeline then smiled a little and said "daddy do you think I'll get a hit today?" He looked at her and then he said "yes of course baby girl you'll get a hit.. And if you don't then it's okay sweetie it's not all about winning it's all about fun honey just remember that". Adeline looked at him and smiled then she said "i love you daddy" she then hugged him gently and he smiled and said "i love you too baby" he hugged her back. Then in a few minutes Maxie woke up and she looked over at Josh and Adeline she smiled as she saw them hugging and then Adeline saw that Maxie is a wake. She then said "good morning mommy" Maxie smiled and said "good morning sweet heart" then she sat up and said "it looks like your ready for today". Adeline then said "i am ready to kick some butt today" both Josh and Maxie chuckled and Maxie said "i bet.. Well then let daddy and I get dressed and then maybe get some breakfast with the team and then got to the field to do some batting practice before we warm up for the game how does that sound?". Adeline smiled and said "that sounds good" Josh smiled and then Josh and Maxie went to go get dressed for the day and Adeline then turned on the tv to watch some highlights of the Braves vs Rockies game. She then got excited as she saw that Ozzie hit a walk off home run she then said excitingly "daddy.. Daddy guess what daddy!". Josh then walked out and said "what sweetie?" Adeline then said "uncle Ozzie hit an walk off home run last night agianst the Colorado rockies!" Josh smiled.

Then Josh said "that's awsome honey and oh that reminds me uncle Ozzie and the guys texted me last night and they told me to tell you good luck today". Adeline then said "can i facetime them durning breakfast daddy?" Josh then said "yes of course sweetie they'll be happy to talk to you". Adeline smiled and then Maxie is ready and they headed down to the lobby and loaded the bus and headed to a Denny's for breakfast once they got there they got seated and ordered there drinks and food. Josh got his phone and he facetimed the guys and handed his phone over to Adeline and soon they picked up and they said hey and Adeline smiled and said "hey guys.. I miss you". Dansby then said "we miss you too but we are happy that you are competing at an high level". Adeline smiled and then said "i wish y'all were here to watch me play" B-mac then said "hey don't worry little bringer of rain are game doesn't start until seven so we have a lot of time to watch you in today's game". Adeline smiled and said "really?!" They chuckled and B-mac said "yes really we will cheer you and the girls on". Adeline smiled and said "i can't wait" after the food came they hanged up and all of them started to eat and talk about today's game. After they all ate they loaded back to the bus and headed to the softball fields once they got there Adeline with Maxie and the girls went to the batring cages. Adeline got her cleats abd put them on and put on her batting glives and her helment and got her bat taking a few practice swings before heading in to the batting cage. It was her turn so then she went in to the batting cage and she started to swing at the balls and for her turn she has only hit three balls and she went out of the batting cage. She took off her helment and put it with her stuff including her batting stuff and she has a few tears in her eyes and Josh noticed it. So he walked over to her but Adeline walked past him and went under a tree in the shade and sat down putting her head in to her hands and started to cry a little.

Josh sighed and then walked over to her and sat down next to her and put his hand on her back and rubbed it and Adeline said through her tears "i don't think i can do this daddy". Josh looked at her and he then said "hey Addy baby you can do this i know it has been rough for you.. But he it will be okay like what i said to you this morning it's all about fun not winning.. I believe in you and so do your coachs and team mates and so do the guys back at home you can do this.. I'll tell you what i will go talk with Maxie and the other coaches and see if i can pitch to you in the cage and we can work on some of your hitting okay.. Would you like that?". Adeline looked at him and she said "yes i would daddy" Josh smiled and said "okay i will go talk to them" Adeline then said "okay" then Josh got up and used his crunches and walked over tp the coaches and Maxie. He talked to them and they will let them and so he called over Adeline and she came over with her helment, batting gloves and bat and she walked to the batting cage. They walked in and Josh sat down next to the bucket of balls after her gave her a few pointers then he started to pitch to her. She swung and miss the balls so Josh went over to talk to her again so she can take a breather and calme down Josh looked at her and he said "you got this little slugger just take your time sweetie okay" Adeline then said "okay daddy i will" he smiled.